Elaine Harding, MEd, BSc (Hons Psychol), Pg Dip Couns, MBPsS, CMCOSCA
I work as a psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist with adults who often have issues with personal relationships, or in their work. Perhaps, something has happened which has triggered distress.
Through exploring past relationships and the stories we have about ourselves we can learn more about our thoughts, feelings and behaviours. It then becomes possible to develop opportunities to make the changes we choose and so improve our lives.
Sessions last for 50 minutes each and would usually be weekly.
I offer long term work which may last for some years but am also available to work through a particular issue for a shorter period of up to 20 sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling, Edinburgh University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Open University
- Postgraduate Diploma SEN (SPLD), Aberdeen University
- Postgraduate Certificate SEN, Open University
- MEd, Aberdeen University
- BEd, London University
I am a qualified psychodynamic practitioner experienced in working with people who are:
- Living with anxiety, low mood and low self worth.
- Struggling with depression and lack of motivation.
- Dealing with the impact of sexual abuse or other traumatic experiences.
- Struggling to manage self harming behaviour.
- Experiencing complicated grief after bereavement.
- Caring for relatives who are diagnosed or waiting a diagnosis of dementia.
- Looking after relatives with complex learning disabilities, including autism.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£50 per session.
*Concessions available in particular circumstances.
In the first session we explore what your hopes are of our work together. After this, if you wish to go ahead, we will talk about, and agree, arrangements for regular ongoing meetings.
During the ongoing 50 minute sessions, we will talk about thoughts and feelings and work with how the unconscious and relationships from the past might affect us in the here and now.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available in Keith, Lhanbryde and Rothiemay.
Types of client