Elaine Harding, MEd, BSc (Hons Psychol), Pg Dip Couns, MBPsS, CMCOSCA, MBACP
I work as a psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist with adults who often have issues with personal relationships, or in their work. Perhaps something has happened which has triggered distress.
Through exploring past relationships and the stories we hold about ourselves, we can learn more about our thoughts, feelings and behaviours. It then becomes possible to develop opportunities to make the changes we choose and so improve our lives.
Sessions take place in a quiet and confidential setting and last for 50 minutes each. In our first session we explore what your hopes are from our work together and decide on practical issues like time and frequency of sessions.
Experienced in working with an extensive range of issues, I offer long term work which may last for some years; and am also available in the short term, as required, to work through a particular issue.
My fees reflect my level of qualification and experience. Concessions/reduced rates are available.
There is an option of evening, weekend or daytime appointments.
I am a Registered Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, a Practitioner Member of COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland) and a Graduate Member of BPS (The British Psychological Society).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling, Edinburgh University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Open University
- Postgraduate Diploma SEN (SPLD), Aberdeen University
- Postgraduate Certificate SEN, Open University
- MEd, Aberdeen University
- BEd, London University
I am a qualified psychodynamic practitioner experienced in working with people with a wide range of issues including:
- Living with anxiety, low mood and low self worth.
- Struggling with depression and lack of motivation.
- Dealing with the impact of sexual abuse or other traumatic experiences.
- Struggling to manage self harming behaviour.
- Experiencing complicated grief after bereavement.
- Caring for relatives who are diagnosed or waiting a diagnosis of dementia.
- Looking after relatives with complex learning disabilities, including autism.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£50 per session for individuals.
£60 per session for couples.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available in Rothiemay and Keith
Types of client