Elaine Frawley BSocSc, MSc, MSc(Counselling Psychology),BACP Registered
I am a qualified counsellor and Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- I offer therapy to adults and young people who require support for any form of psychological distress or mental health problems, or who wish to increase their understanding and awareness of themselves in order to progress in any aspects of their lives.
- I have worked with a varied and diverse client base with needs such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, addiction, Abuse, OCD, PTSD, personality disorders, complex trauma, stress, anger issues, eating disorders, relationship difficulties and other emotional difficulties. I have the clinical expertise to work with a variety of presenting issues and can conduct short-term or long-term therapy.I currently work at an NHS secondary care service in adult mental health and have experience of counselling in a variety of charities and organisations.
- I provide a confidential and non-judgemental safe space to improve your mental health and wellbeing. As an integrative therapist, I tailor the therapeutic approach to meet the needs of you, as an individual. I work using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy and Person Centred Counselling. I offer therapy by face to face or by telephone or online, from a confidential space.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSocSc (Hons)- Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Dip- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc- Masters in Psychology (Conversion)
- MSc- Masters in Counselling Psychology
- Prof Doc- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (current student)
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Graduate member of the British Psychological Society and Student Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Initial 1st appointment- face to face/online/phone- £30.
Thereafter, counselling sessions are £35.00 per therapeutic hour (50minutes).
Concessionary fares are available.
Counselling sessions can be booked at a convenient time for you, including daytime, evenings and Weekends for one therapeutic hour.
I am passionate about mental health and well-being and have a longstanding interest in Psychology. I regularly engage in further training and have regular supervision from an accredited and experienced therapist. I strictly adhere to the BACP ethical guidelines.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client