17 Hinton Road
07719391421 / 07719391421
Choosing the right counsellor for you can be difficult. What helps you to make that choice? Is it how someone looks in their photograph, how much they charge or how far their practice is? What do all the qualifications mean? How can you tell who is best for you? I believe that it is all about the relationship that develops between counsellor and client and that cannot begin until you have both met.
Trust your gut feeling when looking at all the counselling profiles and chose who feels right for you; you will soon know if you can work with that counsellor after your first meeting.
Hi my name is Rosie and if you want to find out more about what I can offer you see my website eastdorsetcounselling.com.
I have counselling rooms in Parkstone, Hamworthy and Bournemouth.
I am an integrative humanistic counsellor which means I use a blend of different therapy approaches to help my clients with the issues they bring to counselling.
I also work with the belief that all people have a tendency to move towards what they need in life, so long as the conditions needed for this are in place.
I have had extended training on working with psychological trauma which may or may not be connected with childhood. I work with clients with PTSD, acute or chronic.
I use mindfulness techniques, when appropriate, in counselling sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am trained as an integrative humanistic counsellor (diploma in therapeutic counselling L4)
- I am trained as a trauma therapist (PG diploma in trauma therapy L7)
- I am trained in mindfulness (MBCBT)
- I currently work with survivors of childhood trauma and abuse at a local charitable organisation
- I currently support a local cancer charity as a support to the carers and families of cancer sufferers
- I have worked with young people (13 -21 years) on a range of problems that are specific to their age range, within a young person’s support agency.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Evening appointments £45 (after 6pm)
Daytime appointments £40
Many concessions available, ask on first contact
Pay for 5 sessions up front receive 6 sessions (saving up to £45)
Student Counsellors £25-£30
First meeting £10 (to pay for hire of room) which is deducted from cost of first counselling session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client