Dragana Djukic BSc, MA (Psych) - Counselling, Psychotherapy, Mindfulness
I am an experienced psychotherapist and counsellor registered by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
What I offer...
- Psychotherapy and counselling for individuals and couples
- Supervision for counsellors, psychotherapists and health practitioners
- Life coaching and guidance
- Mindfulness training
- CPD workshops and workshops for the general public
Established in 1996 and working online since 1999, I have extensive experience of both brief as well as long term counselling and psychotherapy.
The way I work
My core training is in Psychosynthesis, which is a holistic and integrative model. It deals with the whole person: body, mind, feelings and transpersonal, and takes into consideration all human needs, from the basic psychological needs for security, love, relationships, respect and recognition, to the needs for meaning, higher values and self-realisation.
In my work I use, along with dialogue, many simple and effective psychosynthesis techniques such as guided imagery, visualisation, inner dialogue, dream work and drawing. These are just some of the tools which I use that can help you to broaden your awareness of yourself and the world around you, and to get in touch with your inner strengths and wisdom so that you can make a positive change in your life.
I offer either in-person counselling and, for greater flexibility, also online counselling sessions via Skype.
Mindfulness training for individuals and groups
I offer Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) – 8-week courses for groups, alongside a programme of mindfulness-based courses and workshops tailored to suit your individual, group or organisational needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master Degree in Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Transpersonal & Integrative Supervision for groups and individuals
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Certified Mindfulness Teacher
- BSc in Physics
I have more than twenty years of experience working with clients, dealing with a wide range of issues including:
- Personal crisis and major life change
- Loss of an important relationship, home, or job
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and feelings that seem overwhelming
- Depression, and feelings of loneliness and helplessness
- Difficulties in relationships or at work
- Low self-esteem, or absence of direction or meaning in life
- Need for self-exploration and self-discovery
In addition to my private practice I also work at:
- The NHS clinic Putneymead Group Medical Practice, as a senior counsellor and Mindfulness teacher
- The Psychosynthesis Trust, as a trainer and supervisor
My previous experience includes:
- Head of Training at the Psychosynthesis Trust, London
- Tutor on the Counselling Diploma Course at Mary Ward Centre
- Senior Counsellor at the NHS clinic Aylesbury Partnership
- Senior Counsellor at the Waterloo Community Counselling, in their Multi-Ethnic Counselling Service
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- £ 65 for individual therapy sessions with some reduced fee daytime spaces for students and those on low incomes
- £ 80 for couples
- £ 65 individual supervision
I welcome all enquries so please feel free to call or email me for more information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, Serbo-Croat|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer professional supervision, individually and in groups, to qualified counsellors and psychotherapists or in training, and those from other disciplines within the helping professions. .