Psychology Station - Dr Kasia Murach, Clinical Psychologist, DCPsych, HCPC Reg.
Maybe you know that you have been emotionally stuck for some time. Maybe, deep down, you realize you do not treat yourself with respect and importance you deserve. Maybe you are so self-critical and unable to look at yourself with caring, loving and compassionate eyes that you deprive yourself of living the life you long for. Maybe you feel disconnected from your inner self and the people you love, unable to enjoy even the most intimate and important relationships in your life. Whatever the reason, by reading this, you have taken the first step towards changing the status quo of your emotional life.
I have over 12 years of work experience in Mental Health Services, both in the NHS and private sector in the UK. Currently, I work in private practice and full-time in the NHS within Adult and Older Adult Mental Health Services providing assessment, therapy, neuropsychological assessment, consultation and supervision to Trainee Clinical Psychologists in the region.
As a Clinical Psychologist, I value compassionate and caring, yet focused, approach to your problems, so that I can help you alleviate your suffering and achieve the desired change as quickly as possible. I am guided by what is important to you to work on when we meet. Your longings, values and strengths are what I aim to help you acknowledge and develop. My practice is confidential, discrete and safe.
I specialise in the unique and scientifically proven approach called Intensive Short-term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP), for which I completed a 3-year IEDTA certified ISTDP Core Training in the UK. ISTDP is an integrative model, which draws on the findings and techniques of other approaches. What is very distinct about it is its focus on the transforming power of your feelings and longings and the mindful awareness of blocks to your ability to fully experience and express what you long for and feel moment-by-moment.
Over the years, I have gained a wealth of experience in various Psychological approaches, i.e. Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). This allows me to provide understanding and expertise to tailor therapy to your needs.
I offer confidential Psychological Services and Psychotherapy focused on change and recovery for
- Bereavement & Loss
- Relational Difficulties
- Assertiveness & Confidence
- Performance Difficulties
- Guilt and Shame-based Difficulties
- Adjustment to Changes/ Transition in Your Life
- Stress and Coping
I offer a 15 minute free phone consultation to establish whether I could be of help.
Private Medical Insurance: I am currently registered with AXA PPP, Aviva, Vitality Health and WPA and in the process of registering with other health insurance providers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- IEDTA certified Core Training in Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP), UK Institute for Research, Training, and Practice in ISTDP
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Birmingham
- Post Graduate Diploma with Merit in Foundations of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Tavistock Clinic & University of Essex
- Post Graduate Diploma in Foundations and Introduction to Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Cracow School for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- combined Undergraduate and Master's Degree in Psychology, Jagiellonian University
- BA in English Language and Literature, University of Lodz
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Please, get in touch for information about fees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Saturdays and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|