Donna Marie Jones M.Ed, MBACP
Hello, I'm Donna, a qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor for children and young people. My approach integrates the use of play and creativity with talking, according to clients' preferences. Available will be a sand tray with minatures, clay, pens and paints, play resources and the space for movement or relaxation. There is always choice and variety in the ways we can work together but never pressure.
Adult clients wishing to explore issues creatively are welcome.
I also offer the Clay Field, a method from Germany developed for work in schools and community settings over the past forty years. At the simple setting of the Clay Field (a flat rectangular box filled with smooth clay and set beside a bowl of warm water) the hands are trusted to initiate and act without pressure to make 'something'. This is a sensorimotor way of working that can enable a settling of upset in the nervous system and give rise to fulfilling landscapes or stories.
For children or young people recovering from stressful life events or developmental set-backs the Clay Field can present a fun and active way to move forward without having to talk too much.
Clay Field work is suitable for adults too, although its application is adapted.
Training, qualifications & experience
- M.Ed Child and Adolescent Psychotherapeutic Counselling - University of Cambridge
- Post Graduate Diploma Child and Adolescent Counselling - University of Cambridge
- Post Graduate Certificate Educational Studies - University of Cambridge
- BA (Hons) Development Studies - University of East Anglia
- Diploma Post Traumatic Stress Counselling - OCR
- Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - CPCAB
- Introduction to Work at the Clay Field - Institute for Sensorimotor Art Therapy
- Certificate in Clay Field Therapy with Adults - Institute for Sensorimotor Art Therapy
- Certificate in Clay Field Therapy with Children - Institute for Sensorimotor Art Therapy
I completed a four-year BACP accredited training to work therapeutically with children and young people in 2014 at the Faculty of Education in Cambridge. Since I have worked within welfare and counselling charities in schools and community settings in Cambridgeshire.
Before re-training, I worked for a number of years in an a supported housing project for young people in Cambridge, in frontline and managerial roles.
Recently I completed a training set over three years with an international group learning about the Clay Field and taught by Cornelia Elbrecht founder of the Institute for Sensorimotor Art Therapy, Australia.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
£30 Initial meeting
£50 Therapy session
Concessions sometimes possible
I am able to offer counselling based around parenting issues.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client