Dolores Fernandez - Counsellor MBACP (Accred)
Hello, my name is Dolores. I am a qualified Counsellor and Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP. Feelings of shame, guilt, sadness and anger can affect how we feel about ourselves, our relationships’ and the way we live our lives. Being able to speak with someone you feel comfortable with can help you sort through thoughts and feelings.
Counselling can help you understand yourself better, help you find direction and enable you to have peace of mind. I offer short or long term therapy for adolescents and adults in a Gravesend Town Centre location. Some weekday, weekend and evening appointments are available. Telephone, Face to face or via Skype, WhattsApp, Zoom.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Counsellor for Family Matters who are a leading provider of support services for childhood sexual abuse and sexual violence, in the country. I have specialised training and work experience with sexual abuse, rape and sexual assault. Previously I was a Primary Care Psychological Therapies (PCPT) Therapist and provided short-term therapy for NHS clients through the IAPT program via North Kent Mind.
My previous roles with Family Matters include; Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) for adults & Children, Crisis Worker, Admin staff, and Helpline volunteer.
As an Integrative counsellor I am guided by the Humanistic Approach which is person centred, Psychodynamic Theory which explores childhood or past issues/experiences and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - CBT which looks at thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
My training includes;
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Working with Relational Trauma
- Working with Suicide & Self Harm
- Stalking Training - Protection Against Stalking
- The Psychology of Perpetrators of Child Sexual Abuse
- Workshop in Play Therapy
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Train the Trainer, Barnardos
- C.A.T.T. Children's Accelerated Trauma Technique
- When is Trauma PTSD
- CBT & Mindfulness Workshop Series
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) Development Program
- Helping Children with Angry Feelings
- The Neuroscience and Psychology of Children and Teenagers
- Couple Dynamics
- IAPT CBT
- Domestic Abuse Training, Non-Molestation Orders
- Crisis Worker Training
- Child Sexual Abuse Workshop
- Working with Rape & Sexual Assault
- Young People & Sexual Exploitation
- Child Protection Workshop
- Effective Practice when Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Self harm & Injury Workshop
- Role of Deception in Interpersonal Trauma
- Understanding & Managing Personality Disorders
- Trauma, Substance Misuse and Addiction
- Working with Shame
- Overview and Dynamics of Domestic Abuse
- Counselling Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Concepts
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £40.00 to £50.00
Concessions offered for
Individual - Weekly or fortnightly sessions are 55 minutes. I offer an up to 15 minute free, telephone / remote consultation, the fee is £40 per session. Couples - an up to 15 minute free, telephone / remote consultation, the fee is £50 per session.
I work with adolescents and adults in a Gravesend Town Centre location. Some weekend and evening appointments are available.
I provide face to face, telephone, or remote counselling via Skype, Zoom, or WhattsApp.
Feel free to ring me or email me for any further information, if I am unable to take your call please leave your name and number and I will return your call as soon as I am able to.
Some weekdays, some evenings and some weekend appointments, either face to face or remotely via Skype, Zoom, WhattsApp, or Telephone.