I offer face to face Counselliing to help you with any problems in your life, whatever it is, however big it seems. My love of helping people helps me to help you, professionally and gently. Often with humour and always with kindness.
Anxiety and depression.
Often when anxious, depressed or stressed you can feel overwhelmed and find it hard to know where to go. It can be a lonely and confusing place. Sometimes just talking to someone who is not directly involved can really help you unpick and unravel the problem and get to the core or root cause. This will put you back in control of your feelings, and on the road to recovery and empowerment, free of overwhelming stress and anxiety.
Bereavement and Grief.
Grief is as individual as we are. Whilst there are common themes in grief we all deal with it differently. I help you navigate the rough journey any loss brings by listening, guiding and gently challenging you until you are in a place to manage your feelings and live life as you want to, whilst remembering your loved one.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications are:
- Professional Clinical Hypnotherapy (Doncaster)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (Doncaster)
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling (Kirklees College, Dewsbury)
- Counselling Skills (Leeds Met University)
- Neuro Lingustic Programme Practitioner (Leeds)
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Registered Midwife (RM)
- Children’s Nurse(RSCN)
- BSc (Hons) Health Visitor
- Diploma Aromatherapy and Swedish Massage
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- MBACP (Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Individual Counselling and Coaching £40 per session
- Couples/relationship counselling - £50per session
- I welcome working with students and offer concessions - please ask.
I have wide and varied experience, both professionally and personally. Professionally I have worked in the NHS for over 30 years, as nurse, Health Visitor and manager of services, as well as having my own private practice. I now work as a Bereavement Counsellor at Martin House Children's Hospice, Boston Spa, as well as working in my own busy private practice.
Personally I am a wife, mother and grandmother recognising the pleasures and pressures these wonderful roles in life bring. Clients are assured of complete confidentiality, and a high quality service which is delivered to meet their individual needs and requirements.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-weds evenings, Thursday Friday daytime.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am available to offer supervision to both students and qualified counsellors, or other professions.View supervision profile