Diane Taylerson MBACP Registered
07954 384 651 / 07954 384 651
There are so many reasons why people seek counseling; for some, it may be that they are going through a particularly difficult time in their life, that may be linked to a relationship breakdown, work, illness, personal problems, or feelings of dissatisfaction with life in general. Others may be suffering from anxiety, depression, or low self esteem. Suffering from a recent or past bereavement.
Counseling, offers a place where you are able to talk about anything that is troubling you , however large or small. Your concern may be about something that happened years ago, or you may need to talk about a particular problem in your current life. You may not even have a specific problem to bring but are aware of unsettling feelings of unhappiness or confusion.
Counselling provides you with an opportunity to work through things in your life that are causing you distress and to find more satisfying and rewarding ways of living.
I am able to offer you a safe and confidential space where you are given the freedom to express and explore difficult, confusing, painful emotions, or traumatic experiences in a professional and supportive way.
Some of the issues people bring to counselling:
Stress and depression
Low self-esteem, identity and/or confidence
Relationship issues (individual)
Affairs and betrayals
Separation and divorce
Major life changes and transitions
Addressing unwanted patterns of behaviour
Facing difficult decisions about the future and the day to day challenges facing families and individuals
Complicated bereavement, suicide, murder, multiple losses, loss of a child, anticipatory grief (people facing life threatening illnesses) and effects on family members
Freedom, choice and responsibility. Inner conflict and the desire to live more authentically
- One to one counselling covering a wide range of issues, and or challenging life circumstances to persons over 18 years of age.
- Sessions may be on a short or long term basis.
- Specialist bereavement counselling for complicated bereavement, multiple losses and the loss of a child.
- Appointments available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00am -6:00pm
- Home visits within a 5 mile radius of BS15 covering Bristol & South Glos Home visits are available for people suffering from a recent, or past bereavement. Home visits are also available for people who are unable to travel due to illness' and take place between 9:30am to 4:30pm Please contact me for available days.
I am an Integrative Counsellor working from a Humanistic perspective
Practitioners of integrative counselling are trained in several different approaches. They do not believe that one approach will work for every client or in all situations.
All information disclosed during the counselling process is held in confidence.
There are one or two exceptions to this, which will be discussed with you during the first session.
Whether your difficulties are long-standing or you feel you may need some support to get through a difficult time- please feel free to contact me:
I practice at:
Bristol BS15 where ample parking space is available (near ring road)
Counselling sessions will need to booked in advance, it is not possible to see you without a prior appointment being made.
I offer home visits within a five-mile radius of BSI5 (Bristol and South Gloucestershire)
Some areas covered within a 5 mile radius of BS15 include Keynsham, Bitton, Willsbridge, Brislington, Emmersons Green, Warmley, Wick, Frampton Cotterall and St George. Please contact me for available days.
- Mobile: 07954 384 651
- Click here to email me.
- Website link is at the top of this page.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Registered Counsellor and hold a Degree in Counselling with Distinction from the University of Bristol.
I am also an accredited Counsellor and Supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Care with over twelve years experience. Still within Cruse Bereavement Care I provide group and one to one supervision to Cruse volunteers- as well as facilitate an open support group for people/families who have tragically lost a loved one to suicide
In addition to this, I have worked for a well-known child bereavement charity providing support to parents and their families following the death of a much-loved child.
Specialising in Bereavement Counselling:
- Complicated bereavement, suicide /murder, multiple losses, child loss/s, anticipatory grief -people facing life threatening illnesses, and effects on family members.
- Experience of working with a wide range of issues
I am a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
As a member of the BACP I adhere strictly to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
In accordance with BACP guidelines, I attend regular supervision and follow an ongoing programme of Continuing Professional Development Training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist Bereavement Counselling:
Complicated bereavement, suicide /murder, multiple losses, child loss/s, anticipatory grief -people facing life threatening illnesses, and effects on family members.
One to one Counselling
Covering a wide range of issues to persons over 18 years of age.
ONE TO ONE
Initial consultation - £25 for 50 minutes
Further sessions - £40 for 50 minutes
Home Visits are charged at £45.00 per 50 minute session
Areas covered within a 5 mile radius of BS15 include Keynsham, Bitton, Willsbridge, Brislington, Downend, Warmley, Wick, Frampton Cotterall and St George.
I also offer some concessionary rates. Please enquire.
Home Visits-Counselling Sessions
I am able to offer counselling sessions within a five-mile radius of BSI5 (covering Bristol and South Gloucestershire) Home visits are provided to people suffering from a recent of past bereavement Home visits are also available for people who are unable to travel due to illness' and take place between 9:30am to 4:30pm please contact me for available days.
- “You have been so caring, thoughtful and supportive to me and that I shall never forget.”
- "I think you are amazing, it’s been great meeting you, and being able to share everything with you.”
- “Dear Diane, Just to say thanks for being there for me.”
- “Thank you so much, you helped me look at my situation in a different way.”
- "Dear Diane, there are no words to describe my gratitude to you.”
- “Thank you for all you have done for me.”
Mobile: 07954 384 651
Website link is at the top of this page.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments available Bristol BS15 area Tuesday Wednesday & Thursday from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Home visits within a five-mile radius of BSI5 (Bristol and South Gloucestershire)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|