Diane Rose Jones Registered MBACP
I am a fully qualified counsellor and a registered member of the BACP and as such I am bound by their regulations and I work within their ethical framework.
A lot more information can be found on my website :-
Are you feeling unhappy or discontented? Perhaps you can't identify precisely what it is you want to change in your life. Working together, we can make changes to enable you to feel happier and more fulfilled.
Counselling and psychotherapy is provided in a confidential and comfortable setting covering Wrexham, Chester, Mold and Overton.
Counselling is talking to someone who is trained to listen without judgement and who will not tell you what to do. The counsellor helps you explore your feelings to understand what is happening for you and how it affects your life. It takes place in a confidential, safe and respectful environment and your identity is fully protected.
I can offer 1 to 1 counselling in private therapy rooms. In some circumstances telephone counselling can be offered as well as online therapy. I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) working according to their ethics and guidelines. I aspire to the highest standard of practice and adhere to CPD (continuing personal development) by attending training courses, workshops, events and regular clinical supervision.
Common issues that psychotherapy can help overcome:
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Relationship Issues
- Panic Disorder
- Family Issues
- Affairs and betrayals
- Feeling Sad
- Separation and Divorce
- Bipolar / Manic Depression
- Post Natal Depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Self harm.
- Abuse (sexual, physical or mental) - past / present
- Eating disorders.
- Alcohol and drug problems and 12 step recovery program
Training, qualifications & experience
Prior to gaining my Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling I have vast personal experience in bereavement, addiction, anxiety, depression and similar issues. My work life has been varied and at times hard but having found my passion in life as a psychotherapist I feel very strongly about helping people to improve their lives and gain peace and fulfilment.
As such my work is varied and having worked as a Microsoft Computer instructor quite a few years ago I am able to offer web design to other counsellors and individual businesses and currently I am studying for my Certificate in Life Coaching. As such I am able to provide another service which is more direct and focus orientated rather than just a therapeutic approach.
Below is a list of qualifications and awards I have attained and, as a requirement of my BACP membership to continuous professional development, I will add to the list as and when more are achieved.
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy Level 4 (Practitioner)
- CPCAB Certificate in Life Coaching
- BACP Member
- CPCAB Working with Substance Misuse
- WEA Mental Health Level 3.
- WEA Counselling Bereavement Level 3.
- Foundation Diploma in CBT
- Advanced Certificate in CBT Skills.
- Diploma in Young Persons Counselling.
- CPCAB Level 2 & Intermediate in Counselling Skills.
- Certificate In Using Sand and Art in Therapy.
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 3
- Certificate in the Use of Photography in Therapy
- HNC Bus.Systems (Computing)
- Microsoft Specialist Office Instructor
- Triathlon Level 1 Coach
- Sailing Level 1 and 2
- BHS Horse Care and Riding Level 1
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Substance misuse - especially alcohol and the twelve step recovery program.
- Relapse Prevention.
- AAT (Animal Assisted Therapy) Dogs and Horses.
- Public speaking on addiction and depression / anxiety.
- I can offer Business start up packages to include a bespoke website, business cards and other promotional items as well as short courses in the use of Microsoft Office Software Programs.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
My fees for Counselling are £35 in Wrexham for a 50 minute session.
In Mold and Overton £40
In Chester £45
I do offer concessions based on circumstances.
Life Coaching please enquire for rates.
I also offer a one off informal appointment for individuals who would like to discuss any drug or alcohol issues they may have for themselves or others. This is usually £25 and intended to raise awareness and to discuss with a professional any worries or concerns. Please call for more information or of you prefer you can email me firstname.lastname@example.org .
I can offer Business start up packages to include a bespoke website, business cards and other promotional items as well as short courses in the use of Microsoft Office Software Programs.
I have had a varied working and personal life which I feel gives me some understanding of life's difficulties. Prior to retraining as a Counsellor I was a Microsoft Computer Software Instructor. Things happen in life which are part of our journey and I experienced a very difficult time which has shaped me into who I am now. As such I hope that some of my experiences could be put to use in helping and understanding others.
Depression, substance misuse and anxiety are areas of which I feel are often swept under the carpet and I aim to make it easier for people to talk and discuss them as most people will experience any of these at one point in their lives.
I ran the 2017 London Marathon for the charity "Heads Together" which is founded by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and promotes the need to talk about mental health and break the stigma that has been attached to it for so long. I was lucky enough to meet the 3 of them in the "Heads Together" tent before we started and actually spoke to Kate about the work I do in counselling - it was such a special honour and made my run and the money raised even more special.
I feel very passionate about my work and hope that is expressed in the seriousness with which I conduct my business. Please get in contact and see if you feel I could be of help to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible in working times so days and evenings can be accommodated to individual requirements although I will generally work in each area on certain days (Wrexham, Chester, Mold)
Types of client