Denise Richards PGDip, MBACP Reg
Hi and thanks for visiting my page...
Just talking can help! Four words that could change the trajectory of your life if applied… Everyone is so busy these days.
- Does anybody really have time to listen while being bombarded by the distractions of everyday life?
- Do you have space to actually talk about how you feel or are you expected to just ‘be ok’ and get on with it?
- Do you feel that you’re on an emotional roller coaster? Why don’t you get off the ride... stop, take time to exhale and spend time with you!
- Are you simply standing looking at your fork in the road, not knowing which way to turn? Why not take some time out for you to find you!
How can I help you?
As a fully qualified therapist, you will be safe with me. I’ll walk with you on your journey of self-discovery, while you explore the tangle of emotions, thoughts and feelings that you’re experiencing…
I’ll support you while you carefully uncover underlying emotions, hidden memories and patterns of behaviour from both the past and present, enabling you to unpick and understand the impact these had and may still be having on your life… It’s a bit like peeling the layers off an onion!
I’ll encourage you to explore them in therapy, ‘the safe space’, where you have the freedom to ‘just be.’ You will not be judged; you will be heard. I’ll support you while you make sense of where you are, who you are and where you want to be so that you can truly be your ‘Best YOU' and live Your Best Life! As you peel your onion, there may be tears, anger, laughter and a plethora of other emotions, but the great thing is you’re not alone, I’ll be peeling it with you!
I counsel people who may be struggling to cope with many things, including the effects of domestic abuse, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression, trauma.
Experience working therapeutically at:
- 1 in 4 (Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse)
- CPPD Low-Cost Service (Adults over 18)
- Women’s Aid (Women in or leaving abusive relationships)
- Road Victims Trust (Victims of Road Collisions)
- Potential Mentoring (Young people/children)
How I work:
I'm an Integrative Counsellor and believe that ‘One size doesn’t fit all’, so I work by using different theories which I apply depending on your individual needs.
I offer both short term and open-ended contracts and this can be discussed at the consultation session. The minimum number of sessions I would suggest is between 6-12 sessions but some people choose to have counselling over a much longer period of time.
Getting in touch...
If you have any questions or you would like to book an appointment with me, then I welcome you to either call or text me on 07951368171 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- BACP – Registered Member
Developmental Training Courses:
- Road Traffic Victims Training Course
- Psychiatry, Psychodynamics and Psychopathology
- Time-Limited Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Working with Children & Young People Parts 1 & 2
For the past 19 years, I’ve worked in both the Civil Service and Charitable Sector at Management level so understand the dynamics at work that cause employees to be stressed and anxious. I have also worked in the Charitable sector with people who are having difficulty dealing with domestic abuse, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression, trauma and many other issues.
I have previous experience working therapeutically at:
- 1 in 4
- CPPD Low-Cost Service
- Women’s Aid
- Road Victims Trust
- Potential Mentoring
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I understand how hectic life can be, so I offer a flexible approach tailored to your session times and locations. However, to fully benefit from counselling, I suggest weekly sessions.
Individuals £65.00 per 50 minutes session
Skype sessions: £55 per 50-minute session
Telephone sessions: £55 per 50-minute session
I offer a free no-obligation consultation of 10 mins
I have several low-cost places reserved for student counsellors or those on low incomes. Please feel free to enquire about these.
*A fee will be applied if an appointment is missed and if 24 hours cancellation is not given
Payments can be made via BACS
I have a current Enhanced DBS (Police Check) which allows me to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|