Denise Pheasant BA (Hons), MBACP (Accred), PDCHyp, MBSCH
Hello, my name is Denise and I am a registered BACP accredited counsellor with a background in nursing, hypnotherapy and Emotional Freedom Technique.
Whether you are struggling with anxiety, stress, depression, confidence issues, loss, grief or life in general, I will listen to you and not judge. I will adopt a holistic approach to your therapy and we will work together to find a way forward.
I am an integrative counsellor - which means I use various counselling styles to suit clients’ needs. These include: Person-Centred Counselling (PCA), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transaction Analysis (TA) and Psychodynamic Therapy.
Our sessions will take place in a warm and safe environment at a discrete location within a village in the heart of Shropshire. Parking facilities are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked in private practice for many years as a counsellor, hypnotherapist and Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner. I have also spent three years at a GP practice working with clients with mild to moderate mental health issues.
Prior to being a therapist I worked as a nurse for around 10 years at several NHS hospitals, and during that time gained invaluable experience at a forensic unit in a psychiatric hospital.
In addition, as a former journalist, I wrote a regular health column on a variety of topics for a daily newspaper.
My experience to date allows me to work with people from all walks of life, with wide ranging issues.
Training and Qualifications
- BA (Hons) International and Political Studies: at Coventry University
- Edexcel Level 5 diploma in therapeutic counselling
- Practitioner diploma in clinical hypnosis with London College of Clinical Hypnosis
- Diploma in clinical hypnosis - with London College of Clinical Hypnosis (validated by the University of Greenwich)
- ENB in intensive care nursing
- ENB in general nursing
- NVQ level 4 in newspaper journalism
- NCTJ newspaper journalism – two distinctions, one credit
- Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner – levels 1, 2 and 3
- NCFE level 3 in counselling skills and theory
- Cruse Bereavement Care foundation course.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
I continue by professional development through various activities. Most recently these have included:
- BACP webinar on Relationship Depth in Online Therapy
- BACP webinar on European Symposium on Addictive Disorders
- BACP webinar on Relationships: “Why do we bother?”
- BACP online course on Psychopharmacology and Counselling Psychotherapy; Conference on Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I charge individual clients £45 and couples £50 for a 60 minute session between 9am-5pm on a Monday to Friday.
If clients require a session after 5pm or at weekends prices increase to £50.
Sessions are payable by cash at the time of the appointment or a BACs transfer prior to appointment.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and also The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH). I abide by their codes of ethics.
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist and am listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. I am a full member of the BSCH and am listed on its register.
I am fully insured for public liabilities and professional indemnity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Monday to Friday 10am-8pm and also Sundays 3-7pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|