Denise Dunstan BSc (Hons) MBACP
I'm Denise, an experienced psychotherapist and personal development coach. Throughout my nine plus years career, I have had the opportunity of working with individuals from all walks of life, which includes, children, young people and families.
I have worked in a variety of settings; private health organisations, local authorities, secondary schools, specialist educational units, adult mental health services, in addition to managing my own private practice.
During my career, my work with men furthered my interest and understanding of male-dominated issues, taking my work in the natural direction of working with men whom are challenged by a variety of issues such as:
- Living up to the stereotypical masculine persona
- Issues relating to women. This may extend to mothers or early care givers, wives/girlfriends or daughters.
In addition to: anxiety, family issues, relationship issues, depression, panic attacks, bereavement, affairs and betrayals, abuse, addiction, self harm, separation and divorce, loneliness and isolation amongst others.
What should I expect from our sessions?
I am currently offering services via online video meetings, allowing for convenience and flexibility non-dependant on your location. I work exclusively with men who want to work through their emotional challenges and live a more emotionally balanced life.
I also offer a personal development program. A twelve-week program tailor-made to your individual needs. Please send me an email if you would like more information.
I provide a confidential, non-judgmental, safe and supportive, professional service. My services are aimed at facilitating change for men who are ready to explore and work through any of the above or related concerns and challenges.
During our sessions you will gain insight of your self and an understanding of how you relate to other people and life in general. With a clear insight of self you can began to make positive changes to way you relate to self, others and behaviour patterns which no longer serves you.
- Identifying and changing old behaviour patterns
- Increased self esteem and confidence
- Improved psychological wellbeing
- Improved sleep and physical energy
*As reported by clients feedback.
I work within the guidelines of the ethical framework set by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, providing a confidential, non-judgmental, safe and supportive, professional service.
Training, qualifications & experience
The focus of my work is to relieve emotional distress and promote psychological well-being.
I hold a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Integrative Counselling from Roehampton university and have had specialist training in:
- Narcissistic/Cluster B Personality Disorders (Continuing Professional Development July-August 2019)
- Disturbed and Disturbing Behaviours.
- A Psychodynamic Perspective on - Depression and Suicide.
- Psychodynamic Perspective on – Self Harm.
- Psychodynamic Perspective on – Working with Children and Adolescence.
- Obesity and eating disorders.
I have extensive experience in working with individuals with weight management issues, using cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) to achieve positive changes.
I am professionally trained and have experience with working with young people and have managed counselling clinics set within secondary schools for the London Borough of Ealing.
My commitment to my profession is demonstrated through my continual training and development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My 3 month online personal development program is tailor-made to support and coach men in personal areas of their lives that they want to make positive changes to.
For more information, please send me an email.
Additionally, I work with clients suffering from:
- Personal growth and development issues - feeling stuck and unfulfilled
- Sexual and intimacy difficulties
- Sleeping problems
- Lack of meaningfulness of life
- Self-esteem related issues
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Online counselling via Skype or Zoom £80 session.
The duration of each session is 50 minutes.
If you would like more information about my 3 month personal development program, please send me an email.
*Concessions are available for people on a low income.
Online meetings are conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for current availability.
Types of client