Denis Victor, BA Integrative Counselling, Registered MBACP
We all struggle in life at one point or another, feeling sad, stressed, anxious, depressed etc. When things feel too much to manage on our own, counselling could help. I offer a confidential and safe environment in which we can explore difficulties and find the direction to lasting changes. Sometimes our current difficulties have their roots in the past. Problems emerge when we stick to our old ways of coping.
Counselling can help us find more adaptive ways of coping. It can help us to tune in to our emotions and help us understand what matters the most and what needs to be changed.
I work with clients of different ages and backgrounds. I am particularly experienced in working with young people but I also work with adults both men and women. I provide individual -one on one counselling and some of my specialties include working with stress, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, past trauma, eating disorders, panic attacks, loss and bereavement and addiction.
In the process of counselling, I support my clients to be clearer about what is happening inside and around them, which helps us uncover the strength for change and growth that each of us has got.
I strive to build a confidential trusting relationship with my clients in which they can be true to themselves and explore struggles without judgement.
If you feel that I am the person that you would like to talk to then please either call or send me an email; firstname.lastname@example.org
You can call me on Mobile:07561725262, website is: acorntherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- I completed 4 years of training, my initial therapy training was in Exeter where I gained a certificate in counselling. I subsequently gained a foundation degree and then studied for a BA in integrative therapy from the University of Worcester.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I abide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
- I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
- My work is fully supervised by registered supervisors and I continually update my professional development.
- I have travelled widely in my life and I have experienced life in many parts of the world. Travel has given me a wide experience of the various cultures.
- Prior to becoming a counsellor, I trained as a teacher, but also enjoyed long and successful careers as: A youth worker, support worker, Charity worker and several other roles.
- I offer counselling and therapy for a wide range of people of different ages, cultural backgrounds, races and social backgrounds, including teenagers, adult men and women.
I offer a professional, equal and non judgemental-empathetic counselling support based in Taunton and online via video link across the UK
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I am unable to provide face to face sessions right now and therefore have adopted virtual counselling sessions online via video link across the UK. Take part from the comfort of your home.
I offer a Free initial 40 Minutes consultation.
Individual face-to-face counselling in £40 and online video counselling fee is: £35