Hello. I’m Denis, and I’m the mind behind Acorn therapy.
We all struggle in life at one point or another. You may be feeling alone worried, scared, fed up, angry, heartbroken. Struggles of life like loss, traumatic events, and ongoing life circumstances can leave us feeling low, anxious stressed or depressed.
I offer a confidential, safe space, based in Taunton for face-to-face work but seeing clients from all over the UK online. I am an integrative counsellor with a degree in Psychology from the University of Worcester. With a passion for supporting people through their trying times.
I work with clients of different ages and backgrounds; adolescents, teenagers, young adults, adults, parents, carers, company employees, counselling students and more. I am grounded in the understanding that all individuals no matter what identities and abilities, deserve equal access to mental health support and counselling.
Being a therapist in Somerset-UK and as a Black man, I am a culturally competent counsellor; I am sensitive working with clients with a range of identities. I recognize and respect the beliefs, perspectives, and values of clients from any race, ethnicity or region.
Your first counselling session is totally free. Get in touch.
Send me an email; email@example.com, Mobile:07561725262, the website is: acorntherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- I completed 4 years of training, my initial therapy training was in Exeter where I gained a certificate in counselling. I subsequently gained a foundation degree and then studied for a BA in integrative therapy from the University of Worcester.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I abide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
- I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
- My work is fully supervised by registered supervisors and I continually update my professional development.
- I have travelled widely in my life and I have experienced life in many parts of the world. Travel has given me a wide experience of the various cultures.
- Prior to becoming a counsellor, I trained as a teacher, but also enjoyed long and successful careers as: A youth worker, support worker, Charity worker and several other roles.
- I offer counselling and therapy for a wide range of people of different ages, cultural backgrounds, races and social backgrounds, including teenagers, adult men and women.
I offer a professional, equal and non judgemental-empathetic counselling support based in Taunton and online via video link across the UK
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £40.00 to £50.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
I am unable to provide face to face sessions right now and therefore have adopted virtual counselling sessions online via video link across the UK. Take part from the comfort of your home.
I offer a Free initial 40 Minutes consultation.
Individual face-to-face counselling in £40 and online video counselling fee is: £40
I am available Weekdays 8;00 am to 9:00 pm. I can offer both early and late night counselling slots plus Weekend appointments both face to face and online on request.