Denis Victor, BA Integrative Counselling, Registered MBACP
Hi, my name is Denis; I provide counselling as Acorn therapy. We all struggle in life at one point or another. You may be feeling alone worried, scared, fed up, angry, heartbroken at the moment. Struggles of life like loss, traumatic events, and ongoing life circumstances can leave us feeling low, anxious stressed or depressed. Speaking to people you know can be useful for many problems but you may feel like you don’t want to burden those closest to you, but in some cases, it is better to speak to a counsellor. Sometimes current difficulties have their roots in the past. Problems emerge when we stick to our old ways of coping.
Counselling with me is safe and offers a confidential space to explore all that is going on for you without judgement. I am eager to meet you where you are. Get in touch, call, send me an email or message. Working together we can overcome the aspects of life that you are finding difficult. I work with clients of different ages and backgrounds.
Being a black therapist, I am a culturally competent counsellor; it means I am able to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Every person, regardless of ethnicity or background, should be able to access counselling. I am interested in supporting equal progression and participation in counselling and mental health
To arrange a free initial counselling session or ask any questions please get in touch.
Send me an email; firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile:07561725262, the website is: acorntherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- I completed 4 years of training, my initial therapy training was in Exeter where I gained a certificate in counselling. I subsequently gained a foundation degree and then studied for a BA in integrative therapy from the University of Worcester.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP). I abide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
- I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
- My work is fully supervised by registered supervisors and I continually update my professional development.
- I have travelled widely in my life and I have experienced life in many parts of the world. Travel has given me a wide experience of the various cultures.
- Prior to becoming a counsellor, I trained as a teacher, but also enjoyed long and successful careers as: A youth worker, support worker, Charity worker and several other roles.
- I offer counselling and therapy for a wide range of people of different ages, cultural backgrounds, races and social backgrounds, including teenagers, adult men and women.
I offer a professional, equal and non judgemental-empathetic counselling support based in Taunton and online via video link across the UK
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £40.00 to £50.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
I am unable to provide face to face sessions right now and therefore have adopted virtual counselling sessions online via video link across the UK. Take part from the comfort of your home.
I offer a Free initial 40 Minutes consultation.
Individual face-to-face counselling in £40 and online video counselling fee is: £40
I am available Weekdays 8;00 am to 9:00 pm. I can offer both early and late night counselling slots plus Weekend appointments both face to face and online on request.