Dr Delicia Barnes, Remote Counsellor - Online & Telephone Therapist
Hello, I'm Delicia. I provide counselling and psychotherapy via video calls and voice calls according to a client's preference. I also do outdoor therapy when appropriate.
If you are struggling with a low mood or are experiencing anxiety, then I may be able to help. Or are you a student experiencing procrastination problems? Is your relationship or marriage breaking down? Has a mental health issue grown into a bigger obstacle? If any of these issues sound familiar to you then get in touch with me so that I can help you move forward.
I'm an accredited practitioner in private practice with nearly 25 years experience as a mental health professional. I have a clinical work background within the NHS, private hospitals and secure residential units. My main skills are in using cognitive behaviour therapy within a transpersonal humanist and existential context. I'm client-focused, work with a wide range of issues and also offer one-off consultancy sessions.
What to expect:
Simply get in touch by phone or email so we can have a short chat. If you're happy to go ahead we can arrange a FREE initial session where you can tell me more about any issue and discuss what you want to achieve. I can then help you take the next steps towards recovery. By making a firm decision to move forward, the work you put into your sessions together with practical application - is bound to pay off.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctor of Philosophy in Metaphysical Humanistic Science (MHs. PhD, MA, BA) specialized in Metaphysical Spiritual Counselling (Magna Cum Laude / With Honors / IMPA Accredited)
- Certified Metaphysical Spiritual Counsellor ( Transpersonal / Pastoral / Marriage ) (CSC / IMHS / IMPA Accredited / BACP Spiritual Division Member / Evidence-based / Humanistic)
- Advanced Diploma Therapeutic Counselling spec. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy / Mental Health (BACP Member / CPCAB Accredited)
- MA Level Clinical Psychology Professional Training incl. Personality Theories, Psychological Therapies (CBT), Psychotherapy, Psycho-pathology, DSM-IV and Diagnostics. (O.U. Accredited)
- HNC in Therapeutic Education specializing in Remedial & Therapeutic Interventions / EBD / Learning Difficulties / Behaviour Modification / Children, Students & Vulnerable Groups (VDAB Approved and Accredited)
- Level 3 Diploma in (Therapeutic) Mediation - Therapeutic Conflict Resolution for Family / Couples / Marriage / Divorce (OCNW Accredited)
- Level 3 Diploma Holistic Therapies - Complementary Mental Health Interventions / Holistic Symptom Management (VTCT / QCA Accredited)
- Additional university courses and training include: Intercultural Psychology, Social Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Pedagogics, Ortho-pedagogics (remedial education), Working with Children and Families.
- Clear advanced CRB / No cautions or convictions
- Member of BACP and IMPA
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Marriage Counselling & Relationship Guidance
- Faith-based and Pastoral Counselling
- Religious issues for individuals and couples
- Identity and intercultural issues
- Existential issues
- Ex-Combat Veterans
- Serving Veterans
- Transitioning Issues
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Included in the fee: Clients in ongoing therapy can phone me in between sessions for 5 - 10 minutes if extra support is needed. This is very useful for clients with depression and or anxiety.
- FREE Initial Session
- Support available in between sessions for clients with depression and or anxiety.
- Outdoor sessions as and when appropriate, i.e. social anxiety or personal appearance issues.
- Individual therapy sessions can be combined with one or more relationship counselling session(s) if desired, i.e. with a parent, close family member(s) or a life partner.