Dr Delicia Barnes Rev, MHs. PhD, CSC, CM, Clin.Psy, Th. Ed. (MBACP, IMPA)
I'm a Counsellor & Psychotherapist with extensive training and experience. I've been supporting people to live a meaningful life for over 30 years and have over 25 years experience working as a multi-skilled mental health professional. I've worked in clinical solution-focused settings for the NHS, developed both therapeutic care plans and ran workshops in secure residential units. I've also worked closely with complex family systems as a family therapist in a private high security mental health hospital for children who self-harm and provided solution-focused psychotherapy for adults with addiction-related mental health issues. I've been in private practice for many years where I've helped people of all walks of life to move forward despite emotional, psychological and spiritual complexities.
I can help:
Simply get in touch so we can have a chat. If you're happy to go ahead we can arrange a session where you can discuss what you want to achieve. I can help to improve your quality of life through finding a coping strategy that works for you, symptom management, identifying obstacles to healing and locating the root of an issue. How much and how fast you progress is entirely up to you. Making a firm decision to move forward, the work you put into your sessions together with practical application - is bound to pay off. I can help you to progress with the right psychological support, emotional encouragement and spiritual guidance.
Metaphysics is a major branch in philosophy that examines the fundamental nature of reality in a rational way. This includes all areas of existence such as consciousness, spirituality, identity, free will and the individual. In practice, Metaphysical Counselling and Psychotherapy is a holistic Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) with a transpersonal starting point that's unique to each person's beliefs. A metaphysical outlook raises perspective, sees beyond symptoms, focuses on our higher principles and enhances our level of self-knowledge. This outlook can help us to see the true root of conflict and real source of our distress. We can re-interpret personal experience so that we feel better about ourselves, our past, present and future. Resilience can be strengthened and obstacles can be overcome.
This approach is good for everyone, including:
- All couples and family conflict: relationships, civil partnerships and marriage issues. For understanding relationship dynamics and personal behaviour. For couples who want to start over with a more profound truth and deeper bond.
- Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Prolonged Grief, Sadness, Stress and more.
- Psychosomatic symptoms, coping with long-term physical illness and part of palliative care.
- Those who view their issues as being linked to their spiritual experience in some significant way.
- When there's a need to reinterpret experiences in a different light than the one held by society's norms or in clinical settings.
- Exploring one's existence at the deepest level without analysing childhood or delving into personality as a standard method.
- Very good choice for humanists and all those who want to include the spiritual dimension of life without loss of rational thought.
- A non-clinical holistic approach to mental health issues where besides organic physical causes and psychological explanations, you can also draw on the benefits of your spiritual understanding or personal religious beliefs.
- Spiritual and humanistic people experiencing mental health issues such as depression, panic, anxiety, prolonged grief and profound loss.
- Spiritual crisis, spiritual emergency, spiritual warfare, inner battle and identity crisis, hearing voices, seeing 'things', feeling 'things', smelling 'things'.
- Ex-combat veterans and transitioning support for interpreting life and leaving the past behind.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ordained Metaphysical Humanistic Minister (Evidence-based full-time clergy, duly qualified and recognized member of an ecclesiastical body, authorized and licensed to carry out all formal spiritual functions according to the rights and privileges of the law / ICMH / IMPA)
- Certified Metaphysical Spiritual Counsellor (Pastoral) (CSC / IMHS / IMPA Accredited / BACP Spiritual Division Member / Evidence-based / Humanistic)
- Certified Metaphysician & Spiritual Health Consultant (IMHS / IMPA / Evidence-based) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Metaphysical Humanistic Science (MHs. PhD, MA, BA) specialized in Metaphysical Spiritual Counselling (Magna Cum Laude / With Honors / IMPA Accredited)
- Advanced Diploma Therapeutic Counselling spec. Clinical Counselling / Mental Health (BACP Member / CPCAB Accredited)
- MA Level Clinical Psychology Professional Training incl. Personality Theories, Psychological Therapies, Psychotherapy, Psycho-pathology, DSM-IV and Diagnostics. (O.U. Accredited)
- HNC in Therapeutic Education specializing in Remedial Mental Health Interventions (VDAB Approved and Accredited)
- Therapeutic Conflict Resolution / Family & Couples - Level 3 Diploma in (Therapeutic) Mediation (OCNW Accredited)
- Holistic Mental Health Interventions - Level 3 Diploma Holistic Therapies (VTCT / QCA Accredited)
- Additional university courses and training include: Intercultural Psychology, Social Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Pedagogics, Ortho-pedagogics (remedial education), Working with Children and Families.
- Clear advanced CRB / No cautions or convictions
- Member of BACP and IMPA
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Faith-based and religious issues for individuals and couples
- Identity and intercultural issues
- Existential issues
- Ex-Combat Veterans
- Serving Veterans
- Transitioning Issues
Insurance accepted, please confirm specific company.
Concessions for NHS key workers, ex-combat veterans, students, pensioners, low income and unemployed:
- £25 per session for one individual.
- £45 per session for couples.
Fee without concessions:
£45 per session for individuals
£65 per session for couples
Concessions offered for
All cognitive, analytical and transpersonal therapies available.
My specialism is Metaphysical Counselling and Psychotherapy, which is a humanistic, rational and psycho-spiritual approach beneficial for everyone, including:
- Anyone with stress, anxiety, depression, racing or irrational thoughts and other mental health difficulties.
- Any issue including marriage, relationship, gender and sexuality issues.
- Humanists, non-religious, philosophical or religious individuals.
- Individuals, couples and larger groups.
Pastoral (Interfaith) Counselling and Psychotherapy is a specialist therapeutic intervention ideal for anyone who wants to deal with issues from their specific life philosophy or religious perspective. As an ordained metaphysical minister and full-time clergy member, I am committed to life-long spiritual learning and development. I have an abundance of experience and vast knowledge surrounding spiritual practices to aid mental wellbeing and support personal recovery. My spiritual skills relate to both mind and body, and include environment, diet, spiritual interpretation of issues, behaviour, dreams, events, symbols and traditional theological views. I can work with the core tenets of the following:
- Abrahamic religions such as Christianity, Islam, Sufism, Judaism, Catholicism and denominations.
- Religious Science, Scientific Faith, Spiritual Metaphysicians, and Metaphysical Humanistic Science.
- Traditional cultural folk beliefs and Nature Religion such as Wicca, Animism, Pantheism and Native American.
- Earth-based and humanistic philosophies such as Gaia, Green and Dark-Green Spirituality, Naturism and Vegan Philosophy