Dee Jefferson. Reg MBACP (Accred).
I am a BACP registered Counsellor. In addition to my private counselling practice in Scarborough, I work as a counsellor for a generic counselling service in Malton offering short-term (6 Sessions) and long-term (open-ended). As a registered BACP (Accred) member I work within their ethical framework and guidelines.
I was trained in person-centred, cognitive-behavioural and coaching models of practice and now work in a relational integrated way to suit individuals concerned. This means the relationship between a client and therapist is paramount and is what underpins your personal growth, increased awareness, healing and change. I facilitate this with you, in a shared therapeutic journey, by offering a safe, compassionate, supportive, confidential space to explore feelings and relationship stresses in a non-judgemental environment, where you can reflect and see yourself in a new light.
If you find yourself struggling with relationship problems, anxiety, ill health, low self-esteem, abuse and many other issues, I may be able to help you to understand what is happening in your life currently. Sometimes this will mean looking back into your past to understand how this has affected what is happening now. I believe in our natural ability as human beings to problem solve, heal and grow. However, I also recognise life's events and circumstances can affect our potential to access this important part of ourselves.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Arts in Theory & Practice of Counselling.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Counselling Studies (BA Hons).
- I am committed to my ongoing professional development. I have attended a range of workshops and courses over the years:
- University Foundation award modules in Transactional Analaysis.
- Stories for Healing and Resolution
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness- understanding Mental Health, Stress, Post-Natal Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Dementia, and Eating Disorders.
- Working with clients who have been Sexually Abused.
- Inner Child Workshop.
- Surviving to Thriving Training Course.
- Self-Harm Workshop.
- Breaking Down the Walls of Silence.
- Counselling Domestic Abuse Survivors.
- Guilt and Shame from a Transactional Analaysis Perspective.
- Anger and Aggression Management.
- Imagery and Metaphors.
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment.
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation.
- Certificate in Equality and Diversity.
- Introduction to Gestalt.
- Certificate in Understanding Autism.
- BACP Accreditation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My professional fee is £40 for an hour and I am reasonably flexible with days and evenings to suit you. If you have any questions about what counselling involves, please telephone or email me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.