Dee Jefferson. Reg MBACP (Accred).
I am a BACP registered Counsellor. In addition to my private counselling practice in Scarborough, I work as a counsellor for a generic counselling service in Malton offering short-term (6 Sessions) and long-term (open-ended). As a registered BACP (Accred) member I work within their ethical framework and guidelines.
I was trained in person-centred, cognitive-behavioural and coaching models of practice and now work in a relational integrated way to suit individuals concerned. This means the relationship between a client and therapist is paramount and is what underpins your personal growth, increased awareness, healing and change. I facilitate this with you, in a shared therapeutic journey, by offering a safe, compassionate, supportive, confidential space to explore feelings and relationship stresses in a non-judgemental environment, where you can reflect and see yourself in a new light.
If you find yourself struggling with relationship problems, anxiety, ill health, low self-esteem, abuse and many other issues, I may be able to help you to understand what is happening in your life currently. Sometimes this will mean looking back into your past to understand how this has affected what is happening now. I believe in our natural ability as human beings to problem solve, heal and grow. However, I also recognise life's events and circumstances can affect our potential to access this important part of ourselves.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Arts in Theory & Practice of Counselling.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Counselling Studies (BA Hons).
- I am committed to my ongoing professional development. I have attended a range of workshops and courses over the years:
- University Foundation award modules in Transactional Analaysis.
- Stories for Healing and Resolution
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness- understanding Mental Health, Stress, Post-Natal Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Dementia, and Eating Disorders.
- Working with clients who have been Sexually Abused.
- Inner Child Workshop.
- Surviving to Thriving Training Course.
- Self-Harm Workshop.
- Breaking Down the Walls of Silence.
- Counselling Domestic Abuse Survivors.
- Guilt and Shame from a Transactional Analaysis Perspective.
- Anger and Aggression Management.
- Imagery and Metaphors.
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment.
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation.
- Certificate in Equality and Diversity.
- Introduction to Gestalt.
- Certificate in Understanding Autism.
- BACP Accreditation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
My professional fee is £40 for an hour and I am reasonably flexible with days and evenings to suit you. If you have any questions about what counselling involves, please telephone or email me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|