Debra Pulford DipCoun MBACP/Supervisor
I am an integrative counsellor with experience of working with adults, children, adolescents, young people and couples covering a wide range of issues such as depression, trauma,abuse, anxiety, bereavement, low self esteem, low confidence, self herm, stress, bullying, addictions, mental health, relationship issues and more.
Working as an integrative counsellor means looking at what my clients concerns and needs are and working in a way that suits them best by integrating techniques, and helping to focus on thoughts, emotions and feelings.
I currently work within a primary school counselling adults and young children. I have previously worked for a local college providing support for adolescents and adults with learning support needs.
Through having counselling and training and working through my own trauma and loss, this has enabled self awareness & understanding. This means I can work in a variety of ways which can help with difficulties or challenges that life throws at you, and to help get your life back on track. This would be working in a way to suit you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of BACP, BACP CYP, associate member of PTUK and a member of Institute for Individual . I adhere to their guidelines and ethical framework and I am currently working towards accreditation. I also have been approved to be on the first psychological therapists' register to be accredited under the new scheme set up by the Department of Health. It has been approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
My counselling expertise includes working as a voluntary counsellor for a secondary school in Cambridge working with adolescents; providing counselling for staff and parents at a local primary school;providing counselling for clients at a local registered charity - LAD (Life After Debt, Life Amidst); providing counselling for referrals to a local counselling business, occasional counselling at a primary school and also accepting short term counselling for a registered provider of choice for psychological assessment and treatment.
I have a private practise based in Godmanchester working from a safe, non judgemental,private and confidential environment. There is free parking spaces available.
Training & Qualifications:-
- Certificate in Supervision (ASIIP - The Adlerian Society of the United Kingdom and the Institute for Individual Psychology
- Higher National Diploma in Counselling Level 4
- Certificate in Motivational Therapeutic Interventions Level 4
- Certificate in Couple Counselling Course
- Creative Arts Therapy Training (Accredited by PTUK)
- Skills and Theory for Counselling Young People NQF level 3 (Accredited by PTUK)
- Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Ascentis Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Counselling Skills and Theory NCFE Level 2
- Choices Counsellor Training - Understanding the Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Child Protection Training
- First Aid Training
- CRB Checked
- Counselling Tutor at local college - CPCAB Tutor approved
I am continually committed to continuous professional development which enables me to offer the best service that I can to my clients.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
I work with clients Individually, Skype, Email, Telephone and Text. I have a private, confidential room and see clients from Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Cambridge and Peterborough, and surrounding towns and villages, offering counselling and supervision.
I work with children, adolescents, young people, adults, and couples, offering one off sessions, short term and long term counselling.
I also offer supervision working in a collaborative way.
I can offer weekday and evening appointments.
£40.00 for 1 hour.
Please contact me regarding low cost/concessional counselling and supervision.
Child and adolescent - from £30.00.
Couple counselling - £60.00 for 1 hour.
Student rates apply for counselling and supervision.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 0900 - 20.00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|