Debra Brown Registered MBACP Counsellor
Is your child or teenager struggling and as a parent you feel helpless, not sure where to go or what to do next?
I qualified as a humanistic counsellor in 2016, and have experience of working with children, young people and adults in schools, colleges and within the community.
I have 10 years experience of working in the mental health sector as a support worker/healthcare assistant for MIND, Let's Talk Well Being Service (IAPT), Rethink, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Women's Aid Integrated Services (working with children in refuge) and CASY (counselling and support for young people).
I offer a person-centred approach in a warm, welcoming, safe environment that provides you with the space, freedom and time to explore your difficulties . I work with children, teenagers and adults experiencing bullying, low self esteem, low mood/depression, anger, anxiety, abuse, stress, loss, difficulty with peer and family issues and communication issues.
I understand that seeking help and taking the first step to finding a counsellor for you or your child can be difficult. Therefore, I offer a free 30 minute face-to-face session to allow you or your child to meet me, and to ensure I am the right therapist for you. Here we discuss your expectations of counselling and to ensure you feel comfortable with the venue.
I am a registered member of the BACP and follow their ethical framework. I attend regular supervision, hold a current enhanced DBS certificate and professional liability insurance.
Thank you for taking a look at my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Aim Awards Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Practice - 2017
- Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body - CPCAB level 3 Counselling studies - 2011
- Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body - CPCAB level in Counselling Skills - 2010
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors (PODS) - Working with Shame
- Contemporary College of Therapeutic Studies - Working with Trauma
- CASY - Working with Anger
- CASY - Working with Autism
- Equation - Understanding and responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Equation - Working With Children and Young People Impacted by Domestic Violence
- Bishop Grosseteste University - An introduction to Filial Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible times available including evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|