I am a qualified counsellor in Buckshaw Village, Chorley, Lancashire, offering one to one counselling and life coaching. I offer a free 30 minute consultation which enables you to meet me before you decide whether you would like to go ahead and book any sessions without any obligation. I have had a lot of additional specialist training which I feel enables me to offer a wider range of services to my clients.
I am trained in various models which also helps me to personalise each session to fit clients specific needs without being restricted to one model of work. I am Integrated so can work with Psychodynamic (past), Person Centred (here and now) and Solution Focused (future). I have also been trained to use CBT which helps identify and change unhelpful thinking and behaviour.
I have experience of working with a wide variety of issues including:
- Anxiety & depression.
- Low self-worth and low confidence.
- Domestic violence.
- Rape & sexual abuse.
- Child abuse.
- Child sexual exploitation and other mental health issues.
- Family Issues
- Teenage Life
- Loss of Direction
- Loss of Identity
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Coping Mechanisms
- Negative and Intrusive Thoughts
- Abusive Relationships
- Eating Disorders
I have volunteered in charities who specialise is:
Bereavement (Cruse Bereavement Care)
Rape and Sexual Abuse Specialist Charities offering support and counselling.
Domestic Violence Refuge
My client feedback is exceptionally positive; many describe me as being 'a real person' which enhances the clients outcome.
I also now offer telephone sessions for those unable to come to me. Payment will need to be paid by paypal or bank transfer before each session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Psychotherapeutical Counselling
- Level 5 Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Assist Suicide Intervention
- Trauma training
- Anxiety and stress
- Panic attacks
- Treating Intrusive Thoughts
- Treating Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Supporting Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse
- Working with Women & Girls in the Sexual Violence Sector
- How to control Severe Anxiety
- The Fast Phobia Cure
- Enhanced Risk Management
- Core Learning for Victim Support
- Safeguarding Adults and Keeping Children Safe Framework
- Domestic Violence Level 2
- Cruse Bereavement Care Foundation Training Level 2
- Sexualised Trauma Training
- Child Sexualised Exploitation
- Grief and Bereavement Level 3
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am constantly attending new training courses to be able to offer my clients the service they need. I have regular supervision as requested by my professional body - The National Counselling Society, which also benefits my client work.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Human Givens psychotherapy
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 10am to 8pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|