I am a qualified integrative counsellor. Working integratively means that my approach uses different theories and techniques so that I can specifically combine the most effective therapy for your individual needs.
I focus on helping you explore feelings and emotions that are often related to your experiences, allowing you to reflect on what is happening to you and to consider alternative ways of doing things. I help you to view things from different perspectives. This can lead to an increased sense of awareness and that is invaluable if you want to bring about effective change. My aim is to reduce confusion and enable you to cope with challenges and make positive changes in your unhelpful or unhealthy patterns of behaviour in a safe, confidential and respectful environment. The therapeutic experience can either be short and goal focused or open ended.
I am also a Marisa Peer Method Rapid Transformational Therapy(RTT) Practitioner. RTT is a method of Hypnotherapy that achieves outstanding, lasting outcomes very quickly by forming new neural pathways in the brain. Working together we can uncover the initial causes of unhealthy thinking and behaving that are causing you pain or preventing you from leading a happy, healthier life. RTT can treat many issues including,Anxiety, Depression, Low Self Esteem, Confidence,Addiction,Phobias, Smoking,Weight Loss etc. Achieving lasting change in just 1 -3 sessions.
I work from my home in Brentwood, the counselling room is comfortable and completely private. My main aim is to provide you with a confidential, warm and safe environment so that you will feel at ease and be able to talk to me about whatever is concerning you. In our 1st session together we will explore your reasons for seeking counselling/therapy and whether we can build a mutual relationship of trust and respect. We can then work towards you developing strategies and coping skills, bringing about effective change to resolve difficulties and enhance your wellbeing.
Our working together will involve:-
- Agreeing a counselling contract, including confidentiality and your expectations of counselling
- Encouraging you to talk about issues you feel you cannot normally share with others
- Actively listening to your concerns
- Accepting without bias the issues raised by you
- Helping you work towards a deeper understanding of your concerns
- Challenging any inconsistencies or negative thoughts
- Reflecting on your patterns of behaviour
- Moving your life in the direction that is most meaningful to you
- Referring you to other sources of help where appropriate
Training, qualifications & experience
AQA Level 2 Cert in Counselling Concepts and Theory
AQA Level 2 Cert in Counselling Skills
AQA Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
ARU Cert in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
MPM Rapid Transformational Therapy Practitioner
Continued Professional Development:-
Mindfulness based CBT
KUF Working with Personality Disorder
Working Systemically with Individuals, Couples and Families
I have experience of working in :-
NHS mental heath team setting.
Working with carers and families with complex needs.
Drug and Alcohol related issues.
Anxiety and Depression.
Affairs and betrayals
low self worth/confidence building
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Each session lasts for 50 minutes, the number of sessions and the frequency is entirely dependent on your individual needs. Counselling and Therapy can be short and goal orientated or open ended.
Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) sessions last for 90-120 minutes. RTT achieves lasting change in just 1-3 sessions.
- 50 minutes individual session £50.00
- 50 Minute Couples session £60.00
- 50 Minute Skype/Face Time session £50.00
- 90 minute RTT session £195.00
Concessions for student counsellors available on request
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday 9am - 9pm Fridays 9 am - 6pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|