Debora Hempsall-Bell is an experienced qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist she has a Post graduate Diploma in Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. She is an accredited member of the BABCP.
Debora is also a qualified Mental Health Nurse and has extensive experience in both primary and tertiary in mental health services.
Debora utilises many different psychological interventions such as Schema focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Compassion focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Meta Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
Debora regularly attends relevant conferences, workshops and seminars to keep up to date with new psychological innovations, research and new ways of working which inform her Cognitive Behaviour Therapy practice. Debora provides supervision to other therapists and also attends supervision herself once a month.
Debora has extensive experience of working with many mental health problems including trauma, depression, low self-esteem and anxiety disorders such as OCD, social anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder and health anxiety. Debora also works with specific phobias, eating disorders and body dysmorphia. She treats a wide base of clients in the Manchester and Cheshire area.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2008-2009 Advanced Practice in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Post Graduate Diploma University of Cumbria
- 2004-2007 Diploma of Higher Education Mental Health Nursing University of Chester
- 1996-1999 2:1 Bachelor of Arts Degree (Hons) Health Studies John Moores University, Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Assessments £80.00 per hour.
Therapy Sessions £70.00 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Debora generally works Monday to Thursday 9am to 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 4pm
Types of client