Hello, my name is Debby, I am a fully qualified counsellor based in Sittingbourne. Thank you for stopping and having a look at my page.
I am a friendly, caring, empathic person who is passionate about what I do. Counselling can seem scary when you haven’t had it before, but it need not be. I am a down to earth person who will make your journey with me as comfortable as possible. It is my job to help develop a honest genuine relationship which allows you to feel accepted, understood and valued.
We will always work at your own pace and focus on whatever you would like to focus on. it is led by you. Therapy is about you, it’s a time to sit and reflect in a safe and comforting environment on the things that are causing you stress, anxiety or depression.
I feel being let into someone's life is a real privilege.
As a registered member of the British Association for counselling and psychotherapists (BACP) I adhere to their policies and code of ethics. I offer short or long term counselling. I am trained in “person centred therapy”, I also work with other theories when I need to.
“You may not be there yet, but you’re closer than you were yesterday”
Training, qualifications & experience
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
CPCAB Level 3 in Counselling Studies
CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Embodied Trauma Therapy (Boundary, Contact, Engagement)
BACP Certificate of Proficiency (COP)
I have experience in working with children with learning difficulties and disabilities. Working with domestic abuse, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, suicidal thoughts and bereavement.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
* Fees per session are £35.00 for 50 minutes
* Students sessions are £25.00 for 50 minutes
* Clients on a low income can discuss with me on a individual basis.
* A 30 minute FREE phone call to discuss what is bringing you to counselling is available if you would like to talk with me before hand.
* Cash only at the end of a session please, Unfortunately I don't have facilities for a card machine.
Thank you :)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings.
Types of client