Debbie Williams BSc (Hons) MBACP Accredited. Individuals / Couples / EAP
How I can help
Firstly I want to say seeking support with things that you are finding difficult in your life is not a sign of failure or weakness. It is actually a sign of strength and courage, taking an important step towards a future you would like to have.
I am an experienced psychotherapist offering long and short term counselling and psychotherapy.
I work with individuals and couples.
I offer a confidential and non-judgmental space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings and issues openly and safely.
I will work with you on what you are finding challenging within your life for example depression, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues, betrayals, divorce, low mood, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), dissociation, anger, recent or historical trauma, sexual abuse, feeling stuck, lacking in motivation, isolation, loss/bereavement etc.
My therapy room location
I practice in the Lace Market area of Nottingham city center, which is very close to all public transport links and various public car parking.
My therapy room is comfortable and welcoming.
Online and Telephone Counselling
Seeing a therapist in person can be difficult for many reasons such as mobility, work commitments, childcare, location etc. Therefore I offer online Skype and telephone counselling sessions.
If this is your preferred method of therapy please ensure that you have good internet connection / phone signal.
Online / Telephone sessions are payable in advance via bank transfer and must show as cleared funds before the start of each session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc (Hons) Integrative and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling from The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute.
To name some of my other areas of training/CPD:
* ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
* MHFA - Mental Health First Aid
* Online Counselling diploma
* Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
* Safeguarding Adults and Children
* MARAC training
* Professionals working in the Sexual Violence Sector, Level 3 award
* Working with Self Harm
* Working Creatively
* Working with Sexual Violence & the impact of the Legal Process
* Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence
The above is to give you a flavour of the various training I have undertaken.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Before becoming a psychotherapist I had a successful career within financial services spanning over 10 years.
I understand the pressures work can present such as work related stress, feeling overworked, lacking motivation, job security, relationship challenges with colleagues, low self-esteem, overlooked for promotion, high targets, performance meetings, annual reviews and so on. This is an area I know well and can help you with.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
Individual sessions and Initial Consultations are 50 Minutes and Couples sessions are 1 hour.
- Initial Consultations are £50.00.
- Individual sessions are £50.00
- Couples sessions are £70.00
- Students in full time education - Discounted rate of £40.00
My fees reflect the in depth training I have undertaken and my continued commitment to ongoing training that ensures I am up to date with the latest research and thinking.
My approach is Integrative and Humanistic. I do not believe one approach fits all, which means I draw upon various approaches and work with you on what you are finding difficult.
I have extensive experience working with men, women, couples and young people, working with a variety of areas such as:-
- feeling stressed, work pressures
- generalised anxiety disorder
- relationship issues, breakdowns, divorce
- post- traumatic stress disorder
- borderline personality disorder
- recent and historic trauma
- feeling stuck, struggling to find motivation
I specialise in recent and historic sexual violence and abuse.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am based on the first floor so there are stairs i'm afraid so not suitable for those with limited mobility, my apologies.
Daytime and Evening appointments available Monday to Friday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|