Debbie Williams BSc (Hons) MBACP Accredited. Individuals / Couples / EAP
How I can help
I am an experienced psychotherapist offering long and short term counselling and psychotherapy.
I work with individuals and couples.
I offer a confidential and non-judgmental space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings and issues openly and safely.
I will work with you on what you are finding challenging within your life for example depression, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues, betrayals, divorce, low mood, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), dissociation, anger, recent or historical trauma, sexual abuse, feeling stuck, lacking in motivation, isolation, loss/bereavement etc.
My therapy room locations
I practice in the Lace Market area of Nottingham city center, which is very close to all public transport links and various public car parking.
Additionally I practice in Beeston town center, again very close to public transport links. Free parking available onsite.
My therapy rooms are comfortable and welcoming.
Online and Telephone Counselling
Seeing a therapist in person can be difficult for many reasons such as mobility, work commitments, childcare, location etc. Therefore I offer online Skype and telephone counselling sessions.
Online sessions are payable in advance via bank transfer and must show as cleared funds before the start of each session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc (Hons) Integrative and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling from The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute.
To name some of my other areas of training/CPD:
* ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
* MHFA - Mental Health First Aid
* Online Counselling diploma
* Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
* Safeguarding Adults and Children
* MARAC training
* Professionals working in the Sexual Violence Sector, Level 3 award
* Working with Self Harm
* Working Creatively
* Working with Sexual Violence & the impact of the Legal Process
* Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence
The above is to give you a flavour of the various training I have undertaken.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Before becoming a psychotherapist I had a successful career within financial services spanning over 10 years.
I understand the pressures work can present such as work related stress, feeling overworked, job insecurity, relationship challenges with colleagues, low self-esteem, overlooked for promotion, high targets, performance meetings, annual reviews and so on.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Individual sessions and Initial Consultations are 50 Minutes and Couples sessions are 1 hour.
- Initial Consultations are £50.00.
- Individual sessions are £50.00
- Couples sessions are £70.00
- Students in full time education - Discounted rate of £40.00
My fees reflect the in depth training I have undertaken and my continued commitment to ongoing training that ensures I am up to date with the latest research and thinking.
My approach is Integrative and Humanistic. I do not believe one approach fits all, which means I draw upon various approaches and work with you on what you are finding difficult.
I have extensive experience working with men, women, couples and young people, working with a variety of areas such as:-
- feeling stressed, work pressures
- generalised anxiety disorder
- relationship issues, breakdowns, divorce
- post- traumatic stress disorder
- borderline personality disorder
- recent and historic trauma
- feeling stuck, struggling to find motivation
I specialise in recent and historic sexual violence and abuse.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
There are stairs at both locations i'm afraid so not suitable for those with limited mobility.
Daytime and Evening appointments available Monday to Friday. Saturday Mornings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|