Debbie Williams BSc (Hons) MBACP Accredited. Individuals / Students / EAP
Caritas Natural Health Clinic
24A Chilwell Road
2 Pelham Court
How I can help
I am an experienced psychotherapist offering long and short term counselling and psychotherapy.
I offer a confidential and non-judgmental space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings and issues openly and safely.
I will work with you on what you are finding challenging within your life for example depression, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues / breakdown, sex problems, affairs, betrayals, divorce, low mood, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), dissociation, anger, recent or historical trauma, sexual abuse, feeling stuck, lacking in motivation, isolation, loss/bereavement etc.
My therapy room locations
I practice from a modern space situated in Beeston Center.
And also another modern space situated a short distance from Nottingham city center.
Both locations are within easy to reach via public transport tram, bus etc. and has free parking spaces.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc (Hons) Integrative and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling from The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute.
To name some of my other areas of training/CPD:
* ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
* MHFA - Mental Health First Aid
* Online Counselling diploma
* Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
* Safeguarding Adults and Children
* MARAC training
* Professionals working in the Sexual Violence Sector, Level 3 award
* Working with Self Harm
* Working Creatively
* Working with Sexual Violence & the impact of the Legal Process
* Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence
The above is to give you a flavour of the various training I have undertaken.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
All sessions are 50 minutes and usually weekly or fortnightly however we can discuss what will work best for you.
- Initial Consultations are £50.00. This gives us the opportunity to get to know one another, explore your concerns, issues and any possible goals you may have.
- Individual sessions are £50.00
- Couples sessions are £75.00
- Students that are on a counselling or psychotherapy course I offer a discounted rate of £35.00 per session / Initial Consultation.
My fees reflect the in depth training I have undertaken and my continued commitment to ongoing training that ensures I am up to date with the latest research and thinking.
My approach is Integrative and Humanistic which in a nutshell means I draw upon various modalities and work with you as a unique individual. I do not believe one box fits all.
I have extensive experience working with men, women and young people (13+)
I have extensive experience working with a variety of areas such as depression, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues/breakdowns, divorce, post- traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, dissociation etc.
I specialise in recent and historic sexual violence and abuse.
Before training in psychotherapy I had a successful career within financial services. I worked within banks and local authorities. This industry was full of targets, performance meetings, highly pressured and fast pasted. I understand corporate pressures and the impact of working this area very well.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening appointments available. Limited availability on a Saturday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|