Debbie Sutton - BA Hons, PGCE, CTA, UKCP accred, BACP reg
Staplehurst Lodge House
I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist and a BACP registered counsellor. I am also a BUPA recognised practitioner. I have many years of experience working with adults of all ages, young people and couples. People contact me for many different reasons and as an experienced therapist I see a wide range of issues and difficulties, some of which I have listed here.
Issues and difficulties
- Anxiety and panic disorder (please go to the bottom of the page for more information)
- Personal or world change that creates fear and uncertainty
- Relationship and couples issues
- Family or parenting difficulties
- Post natal issues
- Isolation and lonliness
- Self harm
- Loss and bereavement
- Weight and food related issues
- Low self confidence/esteem
- Abuse (including emotional abuse)
- Stress, work related or other
- Anger management
- General physical symptoms (often unexplained)
Taking the first step
The list above is not exhaustive and everyone will have their own reasons for contacting a therapist. Very often people feel unsure or confused about their difficulties and can feel hesitant about taking the first step. You can make initial contact with me by phone, email or by meeting. This gives me the opportunity to find out more about your difficulties and to help you crystalise what you are wanting or needing. If you decide to see me I will then send you further details and answer any more questions you may have.
You can contact me on 07766705211. If I cannot answer the phone please leave a message and I will return your call. Alternatively email me at email@example.com
What to expect
Your first appointment will be for an extended session of 60 minutes. This is so I can make a more comprehensive assessment and at the same time discuss with you the options for a way forward that will meet your individual needs.
Following sessions are for 50 minutes and may take the form of counselling, psychotherapy or coaching. I offer the possibility of working short term usually six to ten weeks or long term which can be up to twenty weeks or more.
I am also able to offer telephone or Skype sessions but prefer to meet face to face initially.
Location and accessibility
People travel to me in Sittingbourne from across Medway, Kent and Essex. The site offers ample free parking, kitchen and toilet facilities, five consulting rooms, a waiting area and a training room.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA Clinical)
UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist
BACP Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist
PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education)
BA (Hons) Art and Textiles
I hold an 'Enhanced DBS' Certificate
I began my clinical training in Transactional Analysis in 2002. I started to see clients in 2005 and developed a private practice in Strood, Kent. I now run my practice from Relationship Services in Sittingbourne. This has given me the space to work with couples, groups and families.
I am also a teacher and educator running workshops that engage clients, trainee counsellors, healthcare professionals and the general public. I run and co-facilitate interest groups such as anxiety, depression, anger and food related issues.
If you are interested in being part of a group to learn and explore certain issues or would like me to run a workshop or offer training please contact me on 07766705211 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alongside my private practice as a therapist I have taken on other roles;
- As educator running courses such as 'Understanding Self, Understanding Others'
- In the Medway weight management team (Tipping the Balance) offering short term counselling, CBT interactive workshops and psycho-educational groups.
- In Medways children centres offering short term counselling to parents.
- Co facilitated the BRIC project (building relationships in the community) bringing children and parents together.
- For Medway Adult Education, family and wellbeing, offering parenting skills.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Fees vary depending on the contract we make. To find out more please contact me.
Individuals - £50 - £70 per session
Couples - £60 - £80 per session
Workshops - Fees dependent on number of hours
I have an interest and years of experience working with 'anxiety' and its many related issues. Many symptoms created by anxiety can have an impact on relationships and health. The symptoms create a loop that leaves the person feeling stuck and sometimes in despair. To overcome anxiety we need to get to the root of the problem. As a professional who has the expertise to see beyond the symptoms I can help you move from this familiar place to regain a sense of peace and well being.
Some people benefit from using creative ways to reach under the blanket of anxiety. I offer the opportunity to explore issues through dreams and other forms of art. No experience or skill is necessary to benefit from working in this way and is an option in addition to talking therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available
Types of client