Deborah Howard UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, MNCS
Debbie is a UKCP accredited Psychotherapist with 8 years post-qualifying experience. She is qualified to work with adults, adolescents and children.
The approach she uses is Integrative, meaning that she tailors the way she works to the individual she is working with, making the psychotherapy as unique as you are.
Debbie obtained a BSc in Psychology from Queens University, Belfast in 2003, and went on to obtain a DipHe in Counselling in 2008 and a PgDip in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy in 2009. She also travelled to London to undertake training with the National Centre for Eating Disorders and is fully trained in Child Protection.
Debbie is also the Chairperson of local eating disorder charity fightED, which delivers the New Maudsley Model to parents and carers who have a loved one with an eating disorder.
Debbie is also a Registrant Member of the National Counselling Society, which is an Accredited Register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
So how does it work?
The therapeutic process starts with an initial assessment where you will meet with Debbie and begin to explore the difficulties you are currently experiencing. If you decide that you would like to engage in ongoing therapy, appointments are offered at the same time and day each week.
It is very normal for people to feel nervous and apprehensive before their first appointment, as speaking to a stranger about your most personal thoughts and feelings can feel really daunting, but Debbie will very quickly make you feel at ease.
The number of therapy sessions needed depends on the issues being presented, but you will work together with Debbie to decide when is right for you to end.
If you would like to book an initial assessment, or would simply like more information, please do not hesitate to contact Debbie on 07988723090 or drop her an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Psychology
- CPCAB Cert. in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Cert. in Counselling Studies
- PgDip in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
- DipHe in Counselling
- Dip in Eating Disorder Practitioner Skills
- Dip in Nutritional Interventions
- Dip in Obesity Management
- List of trainings attended to date -
- Child Protection
- Anger Management
- Emotional Resilience
- Stress Busting
- Emotional Intelligence
- Bullying: Perpetrators and Victims
- Hidden Harm: Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Working with Special Educational Needs
- Note Taking and Practice Issues
- Responding to Critical Incidents
- Sexual Identity
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Sexual Abuse
- Self harm
- The Importance of Play and Playfulness for Clinical Work
- Child Exploitation
- Working with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- The Psychological Experience of Practical Care in Babyhood
- Safety Online
- Skills- based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorders
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
Fees are dependent on issues and circumstance.
Debbie is a BUPA Registered Therapist, an Allianz Worldwide Care Provider, an Aviva approved Therapist and a Vitality Approved Therapist, so clients holding any of these health insurances might be able claim for their sessions through their policy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have availability, and am able to offer daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client