Deanna Roe Qualified Counsellor / Therapist / Psychotherapist (MBACP)
Hi there, my name is Deanna, I offer a friendly, confidential, professional counselling service to adults from my cosy, private practice in Rayleigh. My opening hours are week days, evenings and weekends.
Through my practice and corporate HR background I have a wealth of experience working with a diverse range of clients with different presenting issues. My approach is person centred, which means that you will lead the session at a pace comfortable and tailored for you, as no two clients are the same.
Seeking counselling is a big step and can seem overwhelming, I too have been there and know how it feels. I will be there every step of the way to support you and empower you to make decisions right for you.
A previous client once said to me “you make me feel cared for even when your not talking” which reflects my approach to counselling. If you want to sit there and silently reflect that’s ok, if you want to cry for the whole session that is fine too, I will sit with you until you feel ready for the next step.
My approach is empathic, non-judgemental and adheres to the ethical framework of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
To get started: Please call me to arrange a FREE no obligation 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your needs and ascertain what you would like to achieve and if counselling with me is right for you. The best way to reach me is call or text and let me know your availability for a telephone consultation. I will contact you to arrange an appointment, from there if all goes well, your first session is arranged. Prepayment is required to secure the booking.
At the first counselling session, we agree how we will work together and an assessment is carried out. Usually about ten minutes before the end of the session I will let you know that we are coming to the end allowing time to end nicely and have time to discuss any arrangements for the next session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked as a Counsellor in a variety of settings, working with different people with different presenting issues. Please see below a list of the types of organisations:
- Mental Health Charity (MIND)
- Working with clients with physical and mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, general anxiety disorders, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, as well as common life problems such as co-parenting, divorce, work related issues, bullying, financial issues, family disagreements, grief
- Working with clients who have lost a loved one and have helped them to process their feelings and work through any changes in lifestyle they are experiencing
- Housing Association
- Working with clients who living in temporary housing accommodation with mental health problems or addictions
- Secondary school
- Working with children aged 11+ to 16 with a variety of issues such as stress, bullying, self-harming, family issues, low confidence, self esteem
I have completed the following training courses and CPD workshops:
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management
- Grief Counselling (Bereavement and loss)
- Drug and Alcohol addiction
- Safeguarding for vulnerable adults
- Safeguarding children
I am committed to continued professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
My standard fees are £40 per therapeutic hour (50 minutes).
I also welcome students and can offer a concession of £30 per session.
How to book a session
If you would like to book a free 15 minutes consultation, please call or text and leave your name and number and I’ll call you back.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My counselling room is located on the ground floor and there are no steps to access the room.
I am available at the following times:
- Wednesday day and evening
- Monday to Friday evenings
- Weekends slots are limited
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|