Deanna Roe Qualified Counsellor / Therapist / Psychotherapist (MBACP)
- Feeling burned out, stressed or out of control and not sure why?
- Have you experienced loss of a loved one or a relationship?
- Want to make sense of your feelings and emotions?
- Are you feeling unhappy at work?
If any of these statements apply to you, then please get in touch and we can explore these together. Through my counselling and Human Resource experience I can support you through any challenges and help you come to terms with your emotions.
Seeking counselling is a big step and can seem overwhelming, I too have been there and know how it feels. I will be there every step of the way to support you and empower you to make decisions right for you.
A previous client once said to me “you make me feel cared for even when your not talking” which reflects my approach to counselling. I allow you to direct the session at a pace that is comfortable for you at that time. If you want to sit there and silently reflect that’s ok, if you want to cry for the whole session that is fine too, I will sit with you and we will work together are your pace.
My approach is empathic, non-judgemental and adheres to the ethical framework of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am registered and qualified as a Therapeutic Counsellor. I offer a confidential, professional friendly service in a safe and cosy setting.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked as a Counsellor in a variety of settings, working with different people with different presenting issues. Please see below a list of the types of organisations:
- Mental Health Charity (MIND)
- Working with clients with physical and mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, general anxiety disorders, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, as well as common life problems such as co-parenting, divorce, work related issues, bullying, financial issues, family disagreements, grief
- Working with clients who have lost a loved one and have helped them to process their feelings and work through any changes in lifestyle they are experiencing
- Housing Association
- Working with clients who living in temporary housing accommodation with mental health problems or addictions
- Secondary school
- Working with children aged 11+ to 16 with a variety of issues such as stress, bullying, self-harming, family issues, low confidence, self esteem
I have completed the following training courses and CPD workshops:
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management
- Grief Counselling (Bereavement and loss)
- Drug and Alcohol addiction
- Safeguarding for vulnerable adults
- Safeguarding children
I am committed to continued professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
My fees are £40 per therapeutic hour (50 minutes).
I also welcome students and can offer a concession of £30 per 50 minute session.
How to book a session
If you would like to book a free 15 minutes consultation, please call or text and leave your name and number and I’ll call you back.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My counselling room is located on the ground floor and there are no steps.
I am available at the following times:
- Wednesday day and evening
- Monday to Friday evenings
- Weekends slots are limited
Types of client