Deanna Roe Qualified Counsellor / Therapist / Psychotherapist (MBACP)
Are you struggling with work related stress? Would you like a better work life balance? Do you find it difficult to be heard at work and want to find the confidence to communicate better? Does it feel like your life is spiralling out of control and you just want someone to help?
I can help you to gain back control of your life, review and meet your personal needs. Ultimately helping you to find your voice, improving self esteem and work life balance. All change comes from you, as my approach is non directive, empowering you to take charge not just of the session but of your life and well-being overall.
Seeking counselling is a big step and can seem overwhelming, I too have been there and know how it feels. I will be there every step of the way to support you and empower you to make decisions right for you.
A previous client once said to me “you make me feel cared for even when you’re not talking” which reflects my approach to counselling. If you want to sit there and silently reflect that’s ok, if you want to cry for the whole session that is fine too, I will sit with you until you feel ready for the next step.
To book a session:
If you would like to book a FREE no obligation 20 minute telephone consultation, please call or text and leave your name and number and I’ll call you back.
At the first counselling session, we agree how we will work together and an assessment is carried out. Usually about ten minutes before the end of the session I will let you know that we are coming to the end allowing time to end appropriately and discuss any arrangements for the next session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have gained experience as a Counsellor in a variety of settings, working with different people with different presenting issues. Please see below a list of the types of organisations:
- Mental Health Charity (MIND)
- Working with clients with physical and mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, general anxiety disorders, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, as well as common life problems such as co-parenting, divorce, work related issues, bullying, financial issues, family disagreements, grief
- Working with clients who have lost a loved one and have helped them to process their feelings and work through any changes in lifestyle they are experiencing
- Housing Association
- Working with clients who living in temporary housing accommodation with mental health problems or addictions
- Secondary school
- Working with children aged 11+ to 16 with a variety of issues such as stress, bullying, self-harming, family issues, low confidence, self esteem
I have completed the following training courses and CPD workshops:
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management
- Grief Counselling (Bereavement and loss)
- Drug and Alcohol addiction
- Safeguarding for vulnerable adults
- Safeguarding children
I am committed to continued professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My standard fees are £50 per therapeutic hour (50 minutes).
I offer concessions for students and for individual’s on a low income.
How to book a session
If you would like to book a free 20 minutes consultation, please call or text and leave your name and number and I’ll call you back.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
My counselling room is located on the ground floor and there are no steps to access the room. Parking is available. Accessible via public transport (bus or railway).
I am available at the following times:
- Wednesday day time
- Monday to Friday evenings
- Weekends slots available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|