Dawn Wallis PG Dip in Counselling, MBACP (accredited)
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.
I am an qualified and experienced counsellor and I offer clients a safe and confidential service.
I am trained in integrative counselling, this means the therapy is tailored to the individuals needs.
I am a member of the BACP which means I follow their code of ethics and conduct.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications consist of;
- a post graduate diploma in integrative counselling practice.
- Post graduate certificate in supervision
- a certificate in counselling with alcohol and substance misuse.
- AQA certificate in counselling skills.
I have a variety of experience working in voluntary sector together with my private practice.
In my private practice I have worked with individual and couples and take corporate clients.
I have also worked with in the prison service, taking full responsibility for the counselling service that was provided.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Humanistic therapies
I offer 30 minute free initial consultation this allows you to ask questions and make sure I offer what you need. If you choose to continue seeing me my fees are;
£30 for those on low income and students
£40 for those paying the full fee.
each is for a 1 hour session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer appointments for both day and evenings in the week. I also have limited availability for Saturdays.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am trained in person centred supervision and have availability to take on new supervisesView supervision profile