Dawn Taylor: Accredited Counselling Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
Golden Hill Lane
07340864465 / 07340864465
Hi, I'm Dawn; do you wish to talk to someone who will listen respectfully and work with you in a supportive, non judgemental way to help you understand your feelings and emotions?
Life is full of difficulties and mostly we manage, but sometimes we have problems or experience feelings that cause us lasting distress. At times it is often difficult to cope and to admit we need support, and its easy to become isolated, feeling sad and fearful.
Or it may be that you are looking to understand yourself better, searching for a new direction or a wish to feel happier and more fulfilled.
I really do appreciate how hard it can be taking the first steps to counselling and how daunting it can feel, but I also know how rewarding it can be, so I can assure you there are no pressures, just a time and a space, separate from everyday encounters, in a relaxed, friendly, calming, confidential setting, where you can come to know and accept yourself, enabling you to recognise your strengths and choices.
Counselling is a process that can help you to build up resilience, benefit your emotional well-being develop self awareness and the confidence to find your own way of making the changes you want in your life.
A confidential, ethical and equal opportunity service is assured.
I offer clinical supervision informed by the models of Hawkins & Shohert & Page & Wosket and by my offering my sincerity, warmth, transparency, support, challenge, encouragement and a natural curiosity, I can help you to reflect on your practice, learn from these reflections, gain in ethical competence and so enhance and develop your own style of working.
YOU Counselling is for YOU!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Advanced CPCAB Diploma, Level 5, in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Working Therapeutically with Children & Adolescents (University Certificate, Level 7)
- Understanding Fear & Sadness, Open University
- Family Mediator
- City & Guilds Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Psychology A Level
- NCFE Drugs Awareness
INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS & FAMILIES
- IAPT Counselling for Depression(University Certificate, Level 7)
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
- Understanding Fragile Process of Attachment
- Working with Personality Disorders
- Working Therapeutically with Groups
- CBT Training
- Introduction to Couples CBT, Relate Institute
- The Solihull Approach
- Working with Addiction
- Training in Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Effective Anger Management Techniques
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Working with Difference & Diversity
CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
- Attachment Theory
- Is Heaven at the End of the Beanstalk?
- Helping Children Tell Their Stories
- Working with Metaphor
- Counselling Adolescents
- CAF Level 2
- Keeping Children Safe Online
- Safeguarding Children & Adolescents, Level
- Information Sharing
- Integrated Working
- Experienced Accedited Member of BACP & UK Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Counselling adults with anxiety and depression, on the NHS MInds Matter Programme
- Counselling children aged 4-16 on the LCC Emotional Health & Wellbeing Contract
- Associate Counsellor for various EAP Providers
- Counselling for NOMS in a Category B Prison
- Counselling in an agency for survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Counselling young adults in a local Sixth Form College
- Counselling both short term and long term
- Samaritan Phone Line Volunteer & new Samaritan Mentor
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship issues
Photos & videos
FREE initial 30 minute session with no obligation to continue, where you can get a feel for counselling, and for us to ensure that counselling is right for you at this time. If you wish to continue then £15 for the remaining 30 minutes.
£35 per 60 minute session - 8.30am to 5pm/ £40 5pm - 7pm
£25 for a one off session if you are a returning client within the last 6 months
£40 per 60 minute session
£40 per 60 minutes/£50 per 90 minutes
Workshops and Group Work
On occasions, myself and a colleague run a number of self development workshops for groups up to a maximum of 10 people all based on self reflection on how you think, how you feel and how you respond to life events - "Discovering Your Uniq-U"
Please contact me for more details of our next training, "An Introductory Workshop to The Genie Principle"
Price on Application
Corporate and EAPs
Price on Application
Reductions for students and individuals who may be struggling financially
My practice is conveniently located in Leyland town centre, close to the railway station,on major bus routes and within easy reach of the M65, M61 and M6
Thank you for your interest
YOU Counselling is for YOU!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|