Dawn Taylor: Accredited Counsellor, Clinical Supervisor & Play Therapist
Hi, I'm Dawn; do you wish to talk to someone who will listen respectfully and work with you in a supportive, non judgemental way to help you understand your feelings and emotions?
Life is full of difficulties and mostly we manage, but sometimes we have problems or experience feelings that cause us lasting distress. At times it is often difficult to cope and to admit we need support, and its easy to become isolated, feeling sad and fearful.
Or it may be that you are looking to understand yourself better, searching for a new direction or a wish to feel happier and more fulfilled.
I really do appreciate how hard it can be taking the first steps to counselling and how daunting it can feel, but I also know how rewarding it can be, so I can assure you there are no pressures, just a time and a space, separate from everyday encounters, in a relaxed, friendly, calming, confidential setting, where you can come to know and accept yourself, enabling you to recognise your strengths and choices.
Counselling is a process that can help you to build up resilience, benefit your emotional well-being develop self awareness and the confidence to find your own way of making the changes you want in your life.
As a result of the Global Pandemic I am no longer working face to face and so would welcome you to either my online counselling room or via the telephone and can assure you that either way a confidential, ethical and equal opportunity service will be provided.
I offer clinical supervision informed by the models of Hawkins & Shohet & Page & Wosket and by my offering my sincerity, warmth, transparency, support, challenge, encouragement and a natural curiosity, I can help you to reflect on your practice, learn from these reflections, gain in ethical competence and so enhance and develop your own style of working.
YOU Counselling is for YOU!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Certified Online and Telephone Counsellor
- Advanced CPCAB Diploma, Level 5, in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Working Therapeutically with Children & Adolescents (University Certificate, Level 7)
- Understanding Fear & Sadness, Open University
- Family Mediator
- City & Guilds Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Psychology A Level
- NCFE Drugs Awareness
INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS & FAMILIES
- IAPT Counselling for Depression(University Certificate, Level 7)
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
- Understanding Fragile Process of Attachment
- Working with Personality Disorders
- Working Therapeutically with Groups
- CBT Training
- Introduction to Couples CBT, Relate Institute
- The Solihull Approach
- Working with Addiction
- Training in Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Effective Anger Management Techniques
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Working with Difference & Diversity
CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
- Attachment Theory
- Is Heaven at the End of the Beanstalk?
- Helping Children Tell Their Stories
- Working with Metaphor
- Counselling Adolescents
- CAF Level 2
- Keeping Children Safe Online
- Safeguarding Children & Adolescents, Level
- Information Sharing
- Integrated Working
- Experienced Accedited Member of BACP & UK Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Counselling adults with anxiety and depression, on the NHS MInds Matter Programme
- Counselling children aged 4-16 on the LCC Emotional Health & Wellbeing Contract
- Associate Counsellor for various EAP Providers
- Counselling for NOMS in a Category B Prison
- Counselling in an agency for survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Counselling young adults in a local Sixth Form College
- Counselling both short term and long term
- Samaritan Phone Line Volunteer & new Samaritan Mentor
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
FREE initial 30 minute telephone or zoom session with no obligation to continue, where you can get a feel for counselling, and for us to ensure that counselling is right for you at this time.
£40 per 60 minute session
£30 for a one off session if you are a returning client within the last 6 months
£40 per 60 minute session
£45 per 60 minutes/£60 per 90 minutes
Workshops and Group Work
On occasions, myself and a colleague run a number of self development workshops for groups up to a maximum of 10 people all based on self reflection on how you think, how you feel and how you respond to life events - "Discovering Your Uniqe-U"
Please contact me for more details of our next training, "An Introductory Workshop to The Genie Principle"
Corporate & EAP
Price on Application
My practice is conveniently located in Leyland town centre, close to the railway station,on major bus routes and within easy reach of the M65, M61 and M6
Thank you for your interest
YOU Counselling is for YOU!