Dawn Stevens HPD/MBACP
There are times in our life when we can become stuck, feel totally overwhelmed and find it hard to cope with day to day life. You may feel alone and not want to share your personal feelings with family or friends. I can offer you a safe space where you will be supported and heard and where in your own time you are able to come to your own understanding and awareness that can help you move forward.
I work with women and girls . I offer both long and short term counselling.
I am a registered member of the BACP (The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work in accordance with their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Substance Misuse and Working with Recovering Addicts Level 4 Accredited
- RASASC Training Working with Female Survivors of Sexual Violence Level 4 Accredited
- Suicidal Thoughts and Prevention
- Self-harm Understanding and Support
- Mental Health in Looked after Children
- Advanced Talking and Drawing Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Young females that are looked after by a local authority in residential or Foster care.
Young females that are at risk of sexual exploitation.
Females that are survivors of sexual violence.
Sessions cost £50 for 50 minutes.
I am able to offer a limited number of concessionary fee places to trainee counsellors and those on low income.
Payment are made by cash only.
I co-authored research on addiction - high lighting problem gambling - was presented at the BACP’s National Research Conference 2016, and received some acclaim.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings, Monday,Friday and Saturday day time
Types of client