Dawn Farrell MBACP, Dip.Couns, BA, PGCE
Hello, I’m Dawn. I am a BACP registered counsellor with experience of working with adults, children and young people.
I offer a person-centred approach to counselling that provides a safe and confidential space that allows you the opportunity to explore and reflect on the issues causing you concern as well as developing resilience, self-compassion and coping skills so that you feel better able to manage any emotional distress.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone or email
My private practice is based in a quiet location and is easily accessible. It is close to bus and rail services travelling to and from Cardiff and the surrounding area.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy, ACT 1, 2 and Skills.
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE).
- Bachelor of Art (BA).
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
As part of my continuing professional development, I regularly attend training courses. Please find below examples of recent training courses undertaken:
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy, working with adolescents – DNA-V Model.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Brief Therapy Training.
- Disorganised Attachment.
- Bereavement and Beyond, The Challenges Children and Young People face.
- Working with Trauma in the Body and the Mind.
- Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Advanced Substance Misuse.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Counselling sessions last 50 minutes and cost £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client