Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Davy Hutton has a Post Graduate (University) qualification in Clinical Supervision; & MSc. in Psychological Trauma Management. He is a BACP Senior Accredited Psychotherapist and Supervisor. He is also an EMDR Consultant Supervisor and Facilitator. As a Consultant Psychotherapist, he has extensive experience in working with anxiety, depression, adverse childhood experiences and developmental/complex trauma, human trafficking, abuse, sexual abuse & childhood/clerical sexual abuse; physical and emotional abuse, and clinical supervision. Based in Northern Ireland his work over the last 17yrs has been with the victims of numerous atrocities i.e. bombings, shootings and multiple murder bids. He has been employed on a consultative basis by organizations, to overview their trauma protocols/procedures; manage managers etc and suggest amendments to working practices where necessary. Currently he is the Clinical Lead of an organization working with victims of The Troubles and their families. Over this period Davy has been fascinated by the creative use of metaphor and symbolic resources, during EMDR therapy. Depression and anxiety are very common concerns for a lot of people. With all my clients there is a collaborative case conceptualisation and we jointly agree a way forward. I have trained extensively in managing psychological trauma and you can benefit from my extensive experience and qualifications. He has over 15,000 hrs supervised clinical experience gained over the past few decades.
Supervision from a Post Graduate (in Clinical Supervision) qualified EMDR Consultant Supervisor and BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor.
I supply counselling and management supervision to various private and charitable organisations. I supervise counsellors/psychotherapists from all over the U.K. & Ireland. This is to assist and develop their skills/abilites to perform their duties.
The supervision will be from a developmental theoretical perspective, integrated with the Page and Wosket Cyclical Model, contained within supervisee friendly, core conditions. The supervisee should expect to develop professionally under supervision, as theoretical and clinical experience increases.
“Topics for learning might include developing skills in a particular model or theoretical approach to the work, might include the number and types of cases to be seen over a specified time scale, or be focused on supervisees learning more about their own responses to the work, where their strengths lie and the identification of and work on blind spots.” (Scaife, J. 2001)
I have a Post Graduate qualification in Clinical Supervision From the University of Derby. I also am a BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Science (MSc)Psychological Trauma Management - University of Ulster studying up to date research and thinking of how to work safely and effectively with trauma in all its facets
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision - University of Derby
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor (in a cohort of less than 5% of BACP's 45,000 members)
- EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant Supervisor
- August 2021 Appointed as a Board Member of a large Charity dealing with suicide and comorbid clinical issues which impact the whole family circle and wider community at large.
- BACP Accredited Psychotherapist
- April 2019 Presenter at EMDR Canada Conference in Vancouver on "The Creative use of Metaphor in Complex Trauma work."
- September 2019 Keynote Presenter at Lambeth Palace, London on how to work safely and effectively with Complex Trauma and Sexual Abuse, including Gaslighting and Coercive Control.
- April 29th 2019 Presenter along with Professor Ad de Jongh (Netherlands) at Killyhevlin Hotel Enniskillen at trauma training in collaboration with School of Clinical Psychology Queens University Belfast.
- November 2018 Director of Counselling for an organisation working with clients' with Complex PTSD. Develop protocols and procedures to work effectively with this client base.
- March 2018 Presenter at the EMDR UK and Ireland national conference at Royal College of Physicians in London on "Symbolic Resource Installation during EMDR processing to ameliorate Phobic Anxiety."
- 2016 - 2018 Director of Counselling for a community based organisation
- 2017 Presenter at a National Safeguarding Conference in the University of York on "Trauma and its Consequences."
- 2018 - 2016 :- school governor (DofE) at Lakewood Special School
- 2015 - 2013 :- Lecturer in Level 6 Counselling Supervision and for various training organisations
- 2015 Post Graduate Interpersonal Therapy training by Nottingham NHS Teaching Hospital on N.I.C.E. evidence based therapy for Depression
- 2010 - 2015 Counselling Director for community organisation
- 5 day training by Ricky Greenwald (Child Trauma Institute USA) on working therapeutically with young people and trauma
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer managerial supervision to organisations and act as a Consultant reviewing organisational protocols and procedures, to ensure they are "tender ready and compliant.
I offer trainings to organisations on various topics including safely working with trauma, assessment etc.
I also work with survivors of clerical sexual abuse or abuse of other forms and interpersonal couple issues.
£80.00 per session
£80 per psychotherapy session.
When I work
most days and evenings by appointment.
I am a developmental supervisor, (charge £50 per hour for clinical supervision), who loves to see supervisee's develop, both ethically and clinically as their experience increases. My supervision is encapsulated by the phrase "awareness through reflection.
I have supervised various supervisee's successfully through the BACP accreditation process. I also have supervised EMDR therapists through the accreditation process for both Accredited Practitioner and Accredited Consultant status.
Please feel free to check out my website:- www.traumateam.co.uk