Davy Hutton MSc.EMDR Consultant Supervisor; BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor;
37 Ballynahinch Road
Davy Hutton is a Post Graduate Clinical Supervision; & MSc. Psychological Trauma Management qualified EMDR Consultant Supervisor and Facilitator. As a Consultant Psychotherapist, he has extensive experience in working with anxiety, depression, adverse childhood experiences and developmental/complex trauma, human trafficking, abuse, sexual abuse; physical and emotional abuse, and clinical supervision. Based in Northern Ireland his work over the last 15yrs has been with the victims of numerous atrocities i.e. bombings, shootings and multiple murder bids. He has been employed on a consultative basis by organizations, to overview their trauma protocols/procedures and suggest amendments where necessary. Currently he is the Clinical Director of an organization working with victims of The Troubles and their families. Over this period Davy has been fascinated by the creative use of metaphor and symbolic resources, during EMDR therapy.
Supervision from a Post Graduate in Clinical Supervision qualified EMDR Consultant Supervisor and BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor.
I supply counselling and management supervision to various private and charitable organisations. I supervise counsellors/psychotherapists from all over the U.K. & Ireland. I am on the University of Ulster approved supervisor list for those students undertaking the University of Ulster foundation degree in counselling.
The supervision will be from a developmental theoretical perspective, integrated with the Page and Wosket Cyclical Model, contained within supervisee friendly, core conditions. The supervisee should expect to develop professionally under supervision, as theoretical and clinical experience increases.
“Topics for learning might include developing skills in a particular model or theoretical approach to the work, might include the number and types of cases to be seen over a specified time scale, or be focused on supervisees learning more about their own responses to the work, where their strengths lie and the identification of and work on blind spots.” (Scaife, J. 2001)
I have a Post Graduate qualification in Clinical Supervision From the University of Derby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Director of Counselling for a community based organisation 2016 - present
- March 2018 Presenter at the EMDR UK and Ireland national conference at Royal College of Psysicians in London on "Symbolic Resource Installation during EMDR processing to ameliorate Phobic Anxiety."
- 2017 Presenter at a National Safeguarding Conference in the University of York on "Trauma and its Consequences."
- MSc. Psychological Trauma Management - University of Ulster
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision - University of Derby
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor
- EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant Supervisor
- 2016 - present :- school governor (DofE) at Lakewood Special School
- Lecturer in Level 6 Counselling Supervision from 2013 - 2015 for various training organisations
- 2015 Post Graduate Interpersonal Therapy training by Nottingham Teaching Hospital on N.I.C.E. evidence based therapy for Depression
- 2010 - 2015 Counselling Director for community organisation
- 5 day training by Ricky Greenwald (Child Trauma Institute USA) on working therapeutically with young people and trauma
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer managerial supervision to organisations and act as a Consultant reviewing organisational protocols and procedures, to ensure they are "tender ready and compliant.
I offer trainings to organisations on various topics including safely working with trauma, assessment etc.
Photos & videos
£80 per psychotherapy session
I am a developmental supervisor, who loves to see supervisees develop, both ethically and clinically as their experience increases. My supervision is encapsulated by the phrase "awareness through reflection.
I have supervised various supervisee successfully through the BACP accreditation process. I also have supervised EMDR therapists through the accreditation process for both Accredited Practitioner and Accredited Consultant status.
Please feel free to check out my website:- www.emdrconsult.org
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
most days and evenings by appointment
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Counselling Supervision from a BACP Accredited Supervisor.