Davinder Kaur Sahota
Life can have it ups and downs, its challenges and issues that sometimes can be hard to deal with and move on from.
So the question is:
Do you want to exist free of:
- Feeling stuck?
- Feeling low and depressed
- Stressed or anxious?
- High relationship issues?
- Got a lot on your mind?
- Worries about issues in the past, present or future?
- Lack of motivation?
- Feeling unhappy?
- Feeling unable to cope?
Instead do you want to feel:
- More positive
- Emotional release
- Be able to make decisions
- Able to cope
- And a whole lot more!
If your answer is yes, then please contact me to find out more about counselling and how it can benefit you.
I have over 15 years’ experience as a counsellor working mainly within the third sector such as Cruse Bereavement Care, Women Acting in Today's Society, AWAAZ, Coping with cancer, Derby City Council, and various Employee Assistance Programmes. This has enabled me to work with various client groups and with various issues. I offer short and long term therapy for individuals.
I have also over 5 years experience of working with children and young people aged from 5 years upwards. In particular I have experience around working with loss, anger, self esteem, anxiety, low mood and so on. To further develop my work in this area, I have completed a diploma and certificate in children and young people counselling.
I am an experienced BACP senior accredited integrative practitioner where I utilise various approaches and tools to work with a person to progress through whatever issues they are faced with. So the approach will be individual and tailor made to what you are needing support with so it is relevant, realistic and achievable.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Youth Counselling (BACP Endorsed), 2015
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents (BACP Endorsed), 2015
- SNHS Diploma in Drug and Alcohol Counselling, 2013
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision (BACP Endorsed), 2013
- OCN Level 3 Life Coaching, 2012
- SNHS (School of Natural Health Sciences) Diploma in Psychotherapy & Counselling, 2008
- MA Integrative Counselling Practice, 2007
- OCN Certificate in loss and bereavement counselling, 2006
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling, 2005
- NCFE in Basic Counselling, 2004
- BSc (Hons) Psychology & Sociology, 2003
- AQA Certificate in counselling skills in loss and grief, 2003
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
If none of the latter relate to your issues then please contact me to see if I can cater for your needs.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
£60 per 50- 60 minute session for individuals (available via online, telephone and face to face options)
£48 per 50 minute sessions for children aged under 18 years old (available via face to face)
£35 per 50 minute session for students on counselling courses.
Concessions are available to those unemployed, on low income so I hold a slot at £25 per 50 minute session for this. If you are unable to afford this then please contact me to discuss further.
Supervision services now available!
I am a qualified complementary therapist and energy practitioner offering reiki, massage, crystal therapy, the balance procedure, hopi ear candle therapy and Indian head massage. Go to my website for further details.
Please note my Chellaston venue is for supervision services only.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays afternoon and evening. Other weekday evening availability. Occasional Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a BACP senior accredited counsellor and supervisor.