David Phipps - SKYPE Short Term Therapy (AVIVA, Healix reg)
Hello and welcome to my profile. I wish here to give you a succint picture of who I am and what I offer as a therapist. I hope to be able to speak with you in future, so that I may further understand what is bringing you to therapy and so that we can best decide whether to work together.
The sessions I offer are online via Skype and entail speaking for 50 minutes, at an agreed time and day. I am flexible and do accommodate people's changing weekly schedules, but it is customary to speak once a week or sometimes fortnightly.
I primarily offer short term therapy, which means having between 8 and 24 sessions to focus on what is causing your difficulties, such as anxiety and depression. We will have an initial assessment session to consider what is happening for you and how to best go about changing your current experience. I can and do work long term if appropriate and valuable for the person concerned.
My way of working has at it's centre the building of a safe and supportive relationship, incorporating Psychodynamic, Person Centred and elements of Mindfulness models.
I currently have sessions available at 6 am and 7 am most days during the week, as well as evening sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays
I have worked for over 10 years as a therapist. Being accredited means I have reached a high standard of proficiency according to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
My experience is rich and diverse, having worked in the NHS and privately for the duration of my career. Notably I worked for an IAPT NHS service offering short term therapy and developed skills and expertise recognised by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE). Previously I have also worked for charity organisations, private hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and holistic therapy centres as a therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling for Depression Practitioner training, NICE Recommended Treatment for Depression. (Enables eligibility for Senior Status within the BACP). METANOIA Institute, London. One year training.
- Foundation Course in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, AGIP, London. One year training.
- Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling, PgDip (MSc Level, BACP accred). The University of Hertfordshire. Two year training.
- Psychology with Counselling, BSc Honours Degree. The University of Hull. Three year training.
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Psychodynamic Counselling, Diploma Level. WPF, London. Six month training.
- Awareness in Bereavement Care, CRUSE, National Bereavement Care Service. Cambridge CRUSE. Six month training.
- Bereavement is Normal, CRUSE, National Bereavement Care Service. Cambridge, CRUSE. Six month training.
I am accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I adhere to its ethical framework and guidelines.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Assessment Session: £25
Ongoing Sessions: £45 each.
48 hour cancellation policy, otherwise fee must be paid.
I do have some reduced fee spaces available, please email me to explore what is possible.
Please click here to send me an email for more information, or to arrange an assessment.
I am Registered with AVIVA Health Insurance and I am familiar with Healix Health Insurance provider, meaning that if you have cover with either, I can provide therapy via your provision.
Please note if you live in another country to that of the UK, then fees will be adjusted according to currency and exchange rate at time of therapy commencing.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Monday to Saturday and am flexible.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|