Dr David Gillan
11-12 Tokenhouse Yard
City Of London
0330 010 0181
I have a doctorate level of qualification in clinical psychology and have worked in mental health related settings for 10 years. I have specialised in adult mental health by working in GP settings, private practice, and both private and public mental health units.
In private practice I have focussed on the needs of business people and the stresses they face at work and the challenges this creates for their private and family lives. I have worked with CEOs, TV producers, computer programmers, lawyers, doctors, and many other professions and have a good sense of the issues they face and how best to assist.
I believe that the best place to begin is to determine the nature of the current issues collaboratively. Without an in-depth understanding of the origin and maintainence of the issues people are seeking assistance with, it is very difficult to move forward constructively. From there I offer an individualised approach based on the most relevant evidence-based methods. My general therapeutic approach is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), however, I follow an integrated approach drawing from psychodynamic, systemic, mindfulness, and schema therapies.
I believe that no matter how complex one's situation may appear that often a simple approach of carefully selected strategies can lead to rapid and lasting benefits.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology and Philosophy
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology
- Post-graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- GP based clinics, Improving Access to Psychological Therapies NHS (IAPT)
- The Melbourne Clinic, private mental health unit in inpatient and outpatient roles
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Psychology Melbourne private practice
- Senior Clinical Psychologist at Eastern Health mental health inpatient unit.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Per hour or part thereof
- £90 online video and phone consults
- £115 City of London rooms
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 7-12am 4-8pm (City of London rooms & online/phone) Friday 7am - 7pm (online/phone only)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|