My name is David and I am a Humanistic Counsellor.
When looking for professional support, it can be confusing, even difficult to know which counsellor will be right for your own personal needs. With this in mind, I openly invite you to contact me either by phone or email so that you can ask any questions around how counselling could help you.
I am a fully qualified Ba (Hons) Humanistic counselling professional with experience of working with a wide variety of issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
Areas of counselling I deal with:
- Abuse Addiction(s ADHD
- Anger management Anxiety Autism
- Bereavement Bullying Child related issues
- Depression Hearing voices Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence Low self-esteem Passive aggressive behaviour
- Redundancy Relationship issues Self-harm
- Stress Suicidal thoughts Trauma
- Work-related stress
- I believe that by forming a positive and sound relationship with the client, leads to a more positive and productive counselling experience.
For counselling to be effective I offer the following:
• The client and therapist build a relationship based on trust and respect.
• The client will truly be heard, understood and not judged.
• The client feels safe when exploring and sharing personal issues or concerns.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I offer an introduction to counselling which runs for 40 minutes, this is charged at £25.
As a Humanistic counsellor I believe that we are all unique individuals, with the need to grow personally and professionally, so when we decide that it is time to make changes within our lives, we choose to seek constructive ways of making those changes happen.
I know that it takes great courage and determination to acknowledge the need for change, so I believe it to be important to offer a positive counselling experience for the client to help them with their life's journey.
Counselling can give you the time and a space to explore feelings and emotions within an environment that is non-judgemental and separate from what is currently going on in your life, it can help in relationships or situations that leave you hurt, confused or doubting yourself.
I am experienced in working with adolescents and adults, and I am happy to work with parent’s or carers whom have concerns around young adults or young people.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
i am available between the hours of 09:30 and 18:00 on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri.
Types of client