David Borrill, MBACP (Accred), Dip.Couns, Adv Dip (CBT)
Borrill Counselling: “His honest, effective, and creative treatment makes therapy less daunting”
Thank you for visiting my page! I'm David, and I believe that mental health doesn't have to be complicated! Too often we see it as this undefeatable villain, but it doesn't have to be like that, with my simplified solutions and personalised treatment plans, you'll be shocked at how easy keeping on top of your mental health can be!
How can working with me help you?
- Learning to manage your depression and start living the life you want to
- Finding and understanding yourself
- Dealing with anxiety or stress
- Sleeping better and being able to relax
- Developing your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Working on your relationship(s)
- Understanding how to develop as a parent.
Teaching as well as listening
I'm a therapist who specialises in Cognitive therapy. This means I focus on showing you how your mind works, the roots of your thoughts, and feelings and why you’re experiencing your negativity.
Once you fully understand your problem, I’ll teach you strategies to help you combat negative issues that are affecting your life, meaning that once you are finished, you will become your own therapist, knowing how to deal with your issues in your own way rather than someone else’s!
If you contact me today, what could I offer you?
- Face to Face personal assessment session at one of my two locations.
- Skype face to face assessment
- Telephone initial assessment
- Professional consultation
- Professional supervision for other counsellors.
- Support sessions for parents in crisis.
Training, qualifications & experience
I received my training through The Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, with that body I studied for 4 years seeing clients in various setting and being educated in both cognitive behavioural therapy and person centred therapy, attaining my Level 6 (Hons Degree equiv) advanced Diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy through Derby University.
Children and young people counselling
- I began my work with a children's counselling charity in Newark where I worked with children and young people. from 8-21 years old.
There I developed group work and stress strategy workshops for GSCE age children to help them work through the stress and anxiety of their exams.
- I worked as part of the children's mental health team with the NHS (CAMHS), working with young people of all ages offering more specialist support around anxiety, depression, bereavement and the general growing pains of being a Adolescent. As part of this role, I also taught strategy support groups for parents who were struggling with their children.
- I have worked with a Paediatric Sexual assault service working with children and young people who have been sexually assaulted and who are going through the court process. Looking at how life can continue after sexual assault.
- I have worked with volunteer counselling agencies in the Mansfield/Nottingham area providing support to people of all ages around difficult issues like relationships, suicide, sexual assault, homelessness and many others.
- I currently work with the NHS in their sexual health department providing therapeutic support to people around gender, sexuality, unexpected diagnosis’ of long term life changing diseases and around certain sexual issues.
Anonymous testimonials from previous clients: (provided with their permission)
- David is a really understanding person and he makes me feel really comfortable during sessions.
- David was calming and re-assuring throughout our sessions.
- I found counselling with David very interesting.
- I feel like David really listened to me, in a non-judgemental way that others don’t.
- David helped me to learn more about myself.
- Felt supported, not alone, someone to talk to help normalise what I’m doing so I don’t feel bad.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer counselling Supervision.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Initial session (assessment): £40
1 Hour session (both for individuals and couples): £50
Counselling Supervision (per Hour): £40
Block booking offers available (6 sessions for the price of 5)
More Anonymous testimonials from previous clients: (provided with their permission)
- It has made me feel that there are ways that can help me and I feel a lot more confident things may get better.
- I felt really welcome, I didn’t feel judged I was relaxed speaking about my issues I felt it really helped.
- Talks to me like a human, engages and laughs with me. Understands me and doesn’t judge me.
- It’s helped me a lot, I feel a lot more comfortable with things now I’ve had the chance to speak to someone.
- Makes me think differently about the way I think. The way I deal with my life issues and the way I am with my life has improved. Its been good to speak openly and honestly.
- Able to express myself in a non- judgemental environment and feel clearly understood.
- Been able to talk about a lot of stuff I struggle to say to those I care about, things ive needed to say out loud in order for me to take action and resolve situations, making me feel better.
- It was nice to talk to someone who listened to me and didn’t patronise me.
- It helped me to get things off my chest that I had been struggling with for a long time.
- It has helped to know that what I was doing was level headed and made things clearer as to what I was thinking and going through.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekday evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training