David Borrill, Dip Cou, Adv Dip, Registered MBACP
22 Woodhouse Road
07732183279 / 07732 183279
Hi, Thanks for visiting my page! I'm David, A CBT therapist working out of the Nottingham / Mansfield area. Let me tell you a little bit about myself!
I'm a psychotherapist who specialises in Cognitive therapy. Cognitive therapy focus' on your mind and the way it works, showing you the roots of belief's, thoughts, and feelings. A lot of counsellors will listen to you and offer emotional support, however with cognitive therapy, we will also offer strategies to help you combat negative issues that are affecting your life, meaning that once you are finished, you will be your own therapist, knowing how to deal with any issue that comes your way!
I believe that the key to being a good therapist is to guide my clients into becoming a "self therapist" working through together their Negative thought processes, Core beliefs, look at their goals in life, challenge their negative self belief's and work through it with them so that when we finally part ways my client feels confident enough to go out into the world and deal with anything that life might throw at them.
I began my work with a children's counselling charity in Newark where I worked with children and young people. from 8-21 years old.
There I did group work and stress tolerance workshops for GSCE school children to help them work through stressful and anxious issues.
From there I worked with the CAMHS team (NHS children's counselling)
Here I dealt with all manner of issues ranging from mild depression to unwanted teenage pregnancy or sexual assault.
Within the CAMHS team I also learnt a number of parental support strategies, meaning that I am quite adept at helping with parenting issues.
I currently work with the NHS as their Adult Sexual Health Counsellor working with all thing sexual health related! (See below)
I work out of two easily accessible area's across the East Midlands, either at Mansfield's Shire Counselling or in Nottingham City Centre.
Training, qualifications & experience
I received my training through The Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, with that body I studied for 4 years seeing clients in various setting and being educated in both cognitive behavioural therapy and person centred therapy, attaining my Level 6 (Hons Degree equiv) advanced Diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy through Derby University.
Currently, I'm working with the Nottingham city Hospitals in their sexual health service (NHS). So i have a lot of experience working with people who are struggling with their sexuality or gender, any issues with their personal and sexual relationships, issues with medication (prescription or otherwise) and sexual relationships, anyone that's been through an unwanted pregnancy or been recently diagnosed with a long term health condition due to an STI.
I have previously worked with the Nottinghamshire Childrens Mental health service (CAMHS). In this role I offered:-
- Professional consultations
- Family counselling
- Group sessions
- Individual work
I have also worked with CASY counselling service in Newark.
During my time there I have worked in a number of different settings:-
- As lead counsellor in two seperate schools
- As an outreach worker with frameworks
- As part of a multi disciplinary to get the best possible result for my clients.
- As co-ordinator for various therapeutic interventions
I work within the BACP's ethical framework where I attained their certificate of proficiency allowing me entry onto their professional register along with other Accredited members and registered members.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer counselling Supervision.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Initial session (assessment): £35
1 Hour session (both for individuals and couples): £45
Counselling Supervision (per Hour): £35
Block booking offers available (6 sessions for the price of 5)
Anonymous testimonials from previous clients: (provided with their permission)
- David is a really understanding person and he makes me feel really comfortable during sessions.
- David was calming and re-assuring throughout our sessions.
- I found counselling with David very interesting.
- I feel like David really listened to me, in a non-judgemental way that others don’t.
- David helped me to learn more about myself.
- Felt supported, not alone, someone to talk to help normalise what I’m doing so I don’t feel bad.
- It has made me feel that there are ways that can help me and I feel a lot more confident things may get better.
- I felt really welcome, I didn’t feel judged I was relaxed speaking about my issues I felt it really helped.
- Talks to me like a human, engages and laughs with me. Understands me and doesn’t judge me.
- It’s helped me a lot, I feel a lot more comfortable with things now I’ve had the chance to speak to someone.
- Makes me think differently about the way I think. The way I deal with my life issues and the way I am with my life has improved. Its been good to speak openly and honestly.
- Able to express myself in a non- judgemental environment and feel clearly understood.
- Been able to talk about a lot of stuff I struggle to say to those I care about, things ive needed to say out loud in order for me to take action and resolve situations, making me feel better.
- It was nice to talk to someone who listened to me and didn’t patronise me.
- It helped me to get things off my chest that I had been struggling with for a long time.
- It has helped to know that what I was doing was level headed and made things clearer as to what I was thinking and going through.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday all day, weekday evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|