Danny Ford, M.A.
Do you sometimes feel different from other people – like no one seems to understand you? Do you feel like an outsider in your own life?
If so, you’re not alone.
If you want to create a life where you feel worthy, lovable and fulfilled, I can help.
Hi, I’m Danny Ford. I’m an integrative psychotherapist and mindfulness teacher.
My wish is that no one feels unlovable or suffers from chronic loneliness. My key goal with my therapy clients and meditation students is to help them find more love and connection within themselves, and with others.
I want you to nourish yourself so that you truly value and accept yourself. When you feel worthy and confident, you’ll be able to fully listen to your inner voice, leading you towards a deep sense of inner peace, happiness, and fulfilment.
I can provide:
In-person counselling and psychotherapy sessions in my office in Leeds
Phone counselling throughout the UK
Online therapy throughout the UK
Would you like to have a conversation with me to see if we’re a good fit?
Ring me at 07715 272633 or email me at email@example.com to arrange for your free 15-minute confidential phone consultation.
Contact me today for your free consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
I'm an accredited Integrative Psychotherapist with UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy), the leading organisation for the training, accreditation and regulation of psychotherapists in the UK. I'm also an accredited Mindfulness Teacher with IMTA (International Mindfulness Teachers Association), an international non-profit organisation upholding the highest professional standards for the mindfulness field.
I'm also training with Leela Sarti to lead community classes in the Insight Meditation tradition on the Community Dharma Leader programme, which is authorised by the Gaia House Teacher Council.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Scarborough Counselling and Psychotherapy Training Institute (4 year, 900 hour masters-level training)
- Professional Mindfulness Teacher Training, Mindfulness Training Institute (1 year, 200 hour training)
- Community Dharma Leader training, Gaia House Community Dharma Leader teaching team and my mentor Leela Sarti (ongoing)
- Mindfulness Facilitation Mentoring Training with Michael Stone
- Intensive Trauma Treatment Course with Bessel van der Kolk
- Sexualised Trauma Training with Zoe Londrick
- Winnicott: An introduction to his work and ideas at WPF Therapy, London
- Living an Intimate Life: Including the Existential Dimension in Clinical Work with Michael Stone
- Complex Trauma and Shame: Somatic Interventions with Janina Fisher, Ph.D.
- Mistakes of the Heart: the Healing Power of Therapeutic Repair with Janina Fisher, Ph.D.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Therapy in Wakefield and Leeds
I have clinics on Westgate in Wakefield city centre and on Great Georges Street in Leeds City Centre offering weekday and Saturday appointments.
I offer outdoor sessions in the Wakefield area, where we walk in nature as we talk.
Individual Sessions (60 minutes)
Group Sessions (60 to 90 minutes depending on group size)
If you are unable to attend appointments at my city centre clinics, either due to illness or mobility issues, please contact me to discuss seeing you at home.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday daytime and Saturday appointments are currently available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|