Cynthia Austin Bsc Psychology Bsc Counselling Psychotherapist
6 Oxford Road
7 Adam Street
Central to therapy is talking to someone who offers non-judgemental understanding and acceptance. Being really heard sometimes for the first time, allows an individual to unload their burdens, and fears,
I am an experienced Dynamic Interpersonal Therapist (DIT) and Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist. With BSc (Hons) psychology, Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. I offer a safe and secure space which enable you to explore deep emotional and relational issues more effectively; with the aim towards lasting change. There might be other reasons impacting your life negatively, which has an effect on your relationship with others; maybe traumatic events, abuse, health diagnosis, loneliness, low self-esteem and other negative feelings. I offer a safe place to talk openly about how you feel and to understand what might be causing the difficulties.
Specialising in DIT and combined multidisciplinary approaches based on individual needs. This enables you the opportunity to deal with emotional relational issues more effectively.
This is a time limited Psychodynamic therapy. To explore and get beyond familiar pattern, to see things differently and reconnect with the aspect of the authentic self. Which enables psychological symptoms to improve. Exploring hidden dynamics within the individual which often causes a pattern of psychological reaction.
Within my practice, I worked in Mental health IAPT organisation and private practice with clients on a broad spectrum of issues including;
- Low Self esteem
- Living with Health Issues
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Drug Addition
- and many life issues...
Training, qualifications & experience
I am accredited with UKCP , Registered member of BACP and work within the Ethical Framework of good practice. Covered by Professional Civil Insurance.
BSc (Hons) Psychology, BSc (Hons) Intergrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (Middlesex University; Matrix college) Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) Anna Freud Centre.
- Bereavement Counselling Treating Traumatic Bereavement (Dr. Julia Budnik)
- Couples Counselling (Maria Haydon & Heidi Pratchett)
- Existentialism (Mike Cooper Phd)
- Intergrative Therapy (Richard Erskine Phd)
- Mindfulness in Psychotherapy (Dr Julia Budnik)
- Parks Inner Child Therapy (PICT) Penny Parks Foundation
- Person Centred Therapy ( Prof. Dave Means)
- Relational Dept (Mike Cooper Phd)
- Supervision in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Simin Partov)
- Working with pre Symbilic (Dr. Guiseppe Civitarese, Dr. Judy Gammelgaard)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
A free 15 minutes telephone consultation is offered to determine how I can be of help to you.
I work with clients of all ages and couples.
With 12 years of extensive therapeutic experience working in NHS, IAPT organisation and private pratice. I integrate therapeutic models based on individual needs.
I offer both short term and long term face to face intervention. I also provide one off single session which can be helpful for those who wish to make a positive change.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Adam Street, London, Mondays 3 to 5pm. Oxford Road, Colchester. Tuesdays and Thursday 5pm to 8pm.