Corrinne Sheward MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP
Hello and Welcome to my profile, I am an experienced, qualified counsellor and supervisor. I have been working as a counsellor for several years both in my own private practice and for other agencies. The first step towards seeking help in our lives may be a difficult one however accepting that we may need to, can be a very positive move forward in itself. The ability to give voice to our worries, concerns and be listened to in an empathic manner can often bring a sense of relief and release.
I enjoy the variety of my practice work and am committed wholly to providing a safe, confidential non-judgemental environment, where clients will feel able to talk openly about the issues affecting them and move forward with their lives.
Current, enhanced DBS check.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment with me, then please click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A level Psychology and Sociology
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Fully insured.
- Current, enhanced DBS check.
My initial training was in the Person Centred model to Diploma level which concentrates on the relationship between the client and therapist, in a positive non-judgemental way. As my enthusiasm for counselling grew, I furthered my training in an integrative more open focused approach to Masters Level. This enables me to apply various models according to client needs.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
I do not charge for the assessment process/first meeting.
I charge £40 per session thereafter.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible, including evening appointments.
Supervision & training
I have been a Supervisor for several years and provide counselling supervision for students and qualified practitioners.View supervision profile