Corrinne Sheward MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP
Hello and Welcome to my profile, I am an experienced, qualified counsellor and supervisor. I have been working as a counsellor for several years both in my own private practice and for other agencies. The first step towards seeking help in our lives maybe a difficult one however accepting that we may need to, can be a very positive move forward in itself. The ability to give voice to our worries, concerns and be listened to in an empathic manner can often bring a sense of relief and release.
I enjoy the variety of my practice work and am committed wholly to providing a safe, confidential non-judgemental environment, where clients will feel able to talk openly about the issues effecting them and move forward with their lives.
Current, enhanced DBS check.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A level Psychology and Sociology
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Fully insured.
- Current, enhanced DBS check.
My initial training was in the Person Centred model to Diploma level which concentrates on the relationship between the client and therapist, in a positive non-judgemental way. As my enthusiasm for counselling grew, I furthered my training in an integrative more open focused approach to Masters Level. This enables me to apply various models according to client needs.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
The first session is offered for free to see if counselling is appropriate and if we are able to work together.
I charge £40 per session thereafter.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible, including evening appointments.
Supervision & training
I have been a Supervisor for several years and provide counselling supervision for students and qualified practitioners.View supervision profile