Correna Dcaccia counselling and trauma therapist
Deciding whether and how counselling may be helpful can be a difficult first step. I can help with this in an initial brief telephone conversation or email contact. On the basis of this contact, we can then arrange a time for a first session, followed by weekly or fortnightly sessions as appropriate and mutually convenient.
My rooms provide a supportive and safe place for you to explore difficulties, develop insights and manage change. They are discretely located within professional wellbeing centres.
Being open and adaptable is at the centre of my therapy approach and working together with you I use methods that best suit your needs and preferences. My approach is integrative, so I use a mix of counselling and therapy methods and skills:
- I am experienced in integrating aspects of Psychodynamic and Person-Centred Counselling, Transactional Analysis (TA), Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help with a wide range of difficulties
- For people who may be distressed by traumatic experiences, I practice the highly effective Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy; which makes significant improvements in their life.
- As a trained Mindfulness practitioner, I can introduce aspects of mindfulness into counselling sessions or I can offer individual guidance through a mindfulness-based programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Counselling (University of Leicester)
Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
BA (Hons); MA (Cantab); Post-Graduate Certificate in Education
EMDR Training levels 1-3
Mindfulness Teacher Training Level 2
Senior Accredited member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
BACP registered (Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority)
EMDR Accredited Practitioner (EMDR UK)
Through my counselling and therapy experience of 20 years I have worked in various settings. This includes experience in working within short term contracts (e.g 1 to 6 sessions) for the NHS and Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs).
I also have experience in longer term work with more complex and long-standing difficulties for private clients and in education, charitable and EAP organisations.
I am an experienced counselling supervisor for counsellors working in the NHS and EAPs.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
From £50 per counselling or therapy session (60 minutes)
From £75 per EMDR session (90 minutes)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer sessions from 9am to 6pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|