Connor Parkinson BSc Hons, MBACP
54 Manchester Road West
Manchester Royal Exchange
St. Ann's Square
Counselling is a deeply personal process and I believe that together, both you and I will be able to work through any issues that you can bring. The sessions are entirely confidential and I provide a non-judgemental environment. Therefore, I believe it is important for you to know about me and how I practice.
I am a fully qualified and adequately trained Counselling Psychotherapist.
I have worked with a variety of people over the course of my training and post qualification practice.
I offer 50-minute sessions at a rate of £35 and offer a discounted rate for selected individuals (Below) and also a discounted rate for block bookings (either 5 or 10).
I understand the difficulty of taking that first step and approaching a counsellor to discuss their problems, especially to a stranger and therefore, I offer a 30-minute consultation at a rate of £10 where we would meet, chat and see if we both feel that we would work well together to achieve what you hope to achieve from counselling. A Telephone Consultation will be FREE.
I also offer a chance for both of us to mutually agree on a location in order to find both a comfortable area for us to chat and a place that will be local to both of us for ease of access to our sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
* Child Safeguarding Training from Place2Be
* Counselling Vulnerable Children Workshop from Place2Be
* Introduction to Transactional Analysis Workshop at Salford University
* Certificate of Achievement of the Mental Capacity Act from SCIE
* Upper Second Class BSc Honours Qualification in Counselling and Psychotherapy at
Salford University (Level 6)
* Counselling Northwest Member
* Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Certificate for completion of making my practice Autism-Friendly course
I have worked in a variety of areas including:
- Neglect and Abuse (Physical, Emotional and Sexual)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Confidence Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Work and Home Stresses
- Self Harm and Suicide
- Terminal Illness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
***SPECIAL NEW YEAR OFFER***
I am offering a discount for any sessions attended before January 31st 2019. Take advantage of this offer and start your journey in the new year.
An initial consultation session will be priced at £10 due to travel costs and room hire.
I charge £35 per session for individuals. I will accept cash or bank transfer.
I do, however, offer a discounted rate of £30 for the following groups:
- Children Under 16
- Low-Income Individuals
- Workers within the services including; Doctors, Nurses, Counsellorsț, Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance and Army
Evidence to support this will be requested.
For Couples or Groups, the rate will be £50 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
The accessibility for wheelchair access is entirely dependant on the location we agree on. If we have a discussion on your physical conditions beforehand I will work as much as possible to find a wheelchair-accessible location.
My Opening Hours are: 09:00 - 22:00 on Friday- Monday and Wednesday and 09:00 - 17:00 on Tuesday and Thursday. We will try to book a time that is ideal for both of us.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|