Connor Parkinson BSc Hons, MBACP
Counselling is a deeply personal process and I believe that together, both you and I will be able to work through any issues that you can bring. The sessions are entirely confidential and I provide a non-judgemental environment. Therefore, I believe it is important for you to know about me and how I practice.
I am a fully qualified and trained Counselling Psychotherapist.
I have worked with a variety of people over the course of my training and post qualification practice.
I offer 50-minute sessions and offer a discounted rate for selected individuals (Below) and also a discounted rate for block bookings (either 5 or 10).
I understand the difficulty of taking that first step and approaching a counsellor to discuss their problems, especially to a stranger and therefore, I offer a FREE 30-minute telephone consultation where we would chat about what I can offer and what you hope to gain and see if we both feel that we would work well together to achieve what you hope to achieve from counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
* Upper Second Class BSc Honours Qualification in Counselling and Psychotherapy at Salford University (Level 6)
* Specialist training and certification in Infant Loss from The Foundation for Infant Loss.
* Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Child Safeguarding Training from Place2Be
* Counselling Vulnerable Children Workshop from Place2Be
*Introduction to Transactional Analysis Workshop at Salford University
* Certificate of Achievement of the Mental Capacity Act from SCIE
* Counselling Northwest Member
* Certificate for completion of making my practice Autism-Friendly course
I have worked in a variety of areas including:
- Neglect and Abuse (Physical, Emotional and Sexual)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Confidence Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Work and Home Stresses
- Self Harm and Suicide
- Terminal Illness
I am a specialist in Infant Loss and Family Problems
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a specialist in
And have vast experience with children, adolescents and family issues
In The Space Manchester, the fee for a counselling session will be £40
In Seasons Counselling Little Hulton, the fee for a counselling session will be £35
However, offer a discounted rate of £30 for the following groups:
- Children Under 16
- Low-Income Individuals
- Emergency Service Workers
Evidence to support this will be requested.
For Couples Counselling, the rate will be £50 per 60-minute slot.
For Group Counselling, the rate will be £60 per 90-minute slot.
Payment should be made via bank transfer within 48 hours of reserving the session. This will enable me to confirm your booking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
In Manchester we are Wheelchair accessible In Little Hulton we are NOT wheelchair accessible
My Opening Hours are: 10:00 - 22:00 on Friday- Monday and Wednesday and 10:00 - 17:00 on Tuesday and Thursday. We will try to book a time that is ideal for both of us.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|