Colm Tinkler BSc (Hons) Dip MBACP.Psychotherapist/Counsellor/Group Therapy
I am a fully qualified BACP registered integrative psychotherapist/counsellor and have over ten years experience working with individuals, couples and groups. I provide a safe confidential and completely non judgemental environment to address the challenges you may find difficult to manage.
I provide a space where you have the opportunity to talk freely around the presenting situations you may be experiencing. Often challenging situations create anxiety and stress which can be difficult to cope with if ignored.
Anxiety is becoming a major issue for people in everyday life ,we seem to have very little time to ourselves which in turn can be very stressful for us and our relationships with our loved ones.
By reading this you have taken the first step to making positive change.
Addressing our emotional wellbeing often allows us to put positive action in place to improve how we feel which in turn can assist with bringing balance back to our life and the lives of our loved ones.
My role is to work with you to provide short or long term therapy which can be discussed at the initial assessment session and reviewed regularly throughout our work together.
I also facilitate groups which some of my clients find very beneficial as they can relate to other members of the group who are often in the same situation.
How counselling can help you?
- I provide a safe and nurturing space for clients.
- I use a variety of approaches to suit the needs of my clients.
- If you are having problems with the misuse of alcohol, food or gambling.
- Sex or internet addiction.
- any form of anxiety or depression.
What you can expect from me as a counsellor?
- A confidential and supportive service.
- An initial session to explore how we can best work together to create a therapeutic environment.
- If we are in agreement to work together, a signed counselling agreement will be required setting out the terms of the counselling service.
- A 50 minute weekly appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Honours degree in counselling/psychotherapy.
- Diploma in counselling/psychotherapy.
- Qualified group therapist/facilitator.
- Member of the BACP.
- Certificate in addiction studies.
I have worked in residential care centres for people with addiction problems for 4 years and have facilitated after-care and group work supporting both families and clients suffering from the effects of addiction.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a wealth of experience in group work and encourage clients to combine both individual and group work to achieve greater insight and gain the maximum benefit from Psychotherapy. However this is totally left to the client to decide if they would benefit from combining both or stay with the traditional one to one therapy.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
One to one
- 50 minute session £60
- 50 minute session £70
- 50 minute session £45
- 50 minute session £45
- To be discussed.
Concession prices available for students and unemployed, l can discuss fees on a case by case basis.
As a counsellor I have experienced more and more people are contacting me in relation to anxiety and stress in their day to day lives, impacting on their quality of life. People are expressing the difficulties in finding a work/life balance.
Many couples are experiencing relationship issues due to a combination of reasons such as overwork and burnout which are affecting the relationship.
Statistics show that generalised anxiety disorders are on the rise.
Depression (which includes bipolar disorder/manic depression) is having a major effect on society today due to areas such as: financial pressures and our exceptions we put on ourselves and others.
Substance misuse, over reliance on alcohol to suppress emotional problems are on the rise.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please call, email or use the website for appointments. Questions regarding availability or location welcomed.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|