Cliodhna Mc Phillips. MA in Counselling , Registered. MBACP
Are you struggling with life at the moment, relationship breakdown, workplace stress, working from home, loss of a loved one, unresolved issues from childhood, what ever it may be , and it can be anything, I can help with that. If you find that it consumes a lot of your day, then it may be time to take a look at it together, which makes it less scary, and we can do that in a safe way. Anxiety is also one of the most common reasons, clients seek therapy.
What you can expect in our sessions is a warm welcome, a safe nurturing space to explore whatever you wish, without being judged or "feeling like a burden" ( an expression my clients use). Sessions are strictly confidential, weekly or fortnightly, and can be anything from 6-12 sessions. Blankets for those cold days and added comfort are also included.
I work with a diverse range of clients and always learn something from each and every one of my clients. I feel very privileged to be part of my clients journey and the stories shared with me. I really enjoy my work with clients and I am very grateful for this. I try to practice being grateful and kind every day but some days are easier than others. I welcome any informal chats, feel free to call for an initial discussion.
Outside of therapy, I am a Mum of 3, and with this brings lots of life experience also.
I look forward to hearing from you with any questions or information you require.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified and highly experienced Professional practitioner, with over 14 years experience working with clients. I am an integrative Therapist, which encompasses 5 different models of therapy which allows me to mix and match to suit my clients needs. My Therapy includes, CBT, Psychodynamic, Person Centred, T.A, and Gestalt.
- MA in Counselling Studies, Years 1 and 2. Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling,,2005-2007 at The University of Manchester
- Professional Diploma in Counselling at Arden Campus Northenden, Manchester 2004-2005
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills ( 10 week course in 2004)
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts, Person Centred. ( Year long 2004-2005)
- P.O.D.S Training Day in Relational Trauma and Disorganised Attachment, Attachment Theory, Safeguarding Young people and Adults, (renewed every 3 years by law ) this is the the training I have attended in the past year.
- Regular and ongoing professional supervision attended in accordance with BACP standards.
- Registered Member of the BACP and Fully Insured to work as a Psychotherapist/ Counsellor.
Enhanced DBS certificate available on request.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Death of a Child, working with Young People who have lost a parent, and parents who have lost a child.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse, and Rape
- Supporting Parents with Children diagnosed with ADHD and Autism.
- Long Term illness, Terminal illness,
- Workplace Bullying, Disciplinary or other workplace stress.
- Marriage Relationship breakdown, and divorce.
My fees are £ 50.00 per hour.
This hour is made up of 50 minutes of Therapy and 10 minutes to record notes (a BACP requirement and professional standard.)
Free Phone Consultation for initial chat or query.