Cliodhna Mc Phillips. Dip Couns, Registered. MBACP
Counselling Service for all human beings 11 years and upwards, suffering with any kind of pain or hurt they wish to talk about or need help and support with. If this is interrupting your life, please get in touch and we can work through it. Some examples of the issues I work with,
The Loss of a child, understanding and sitting with the deep trauma and pain this brings.
Bereavement and Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Divorce, Trauma.
What you can expect in our sessions is a warm welcome, a safe nurturing space to explore whatever you wish, without being judged or feeling like a burden. The sessions are strictly confidential, weekly, and can be anything from 6-12 sessions. Blankets for those cold days and added comfort are also included.
I work with a diverse range of clients and always learn something from each and every one of my clients. I feel very privileged to be part of my clients journey and the stories shared with me. I really enjoy my work with clients and I am very grateful for this. I try to practice being grateful and kind every day but some days are easier than others. I welcome any informal chats, feel free to call for an initial discussion.
Outside of therapy, I am a Mum of 3, and with this brings lots of life experience also.
I look forward to hearing from you with any questions or information you require.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified and highly experienced Professional practitioner, with over 12 years experience working with clients. I am an integrative Therapist, which encompasses 5 different models of therapy which allows me to mix and match to suit my clients needs. My Therapy includes, CBT, Psychodynamic, Person Centred, T.A, and Gestalt.
- MA in Counselling Studies, Years 1 and 2. Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling,,2005-2007 at The University of Manchester
- Professional Diploma in Counselling at Arden Campus Northenden, Manchester 2004-2005
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills ( 10 week course in 2004)
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts, Person Centred. ( Year long 2004-2005)
- P.O.D.S Training Day in Relational Trauma and Disorganised Attachment, Attachment Theory, Safeguarding Young people and Adults, (renewed every 3 years by law ) this is the the training I have attended in the past year.
- Regular and ongoing professional supervision attended in accordance with BACP standards.
- Registered Member of the BACP and Fully Insured to work as a Psychotherapist/ Counsellor.
Enhanced DBS certificate available on request.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Death of a Child, working with Young People who have lost a parent, and parents who have lost a child.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse, and Rape
- Supporting Parents with Children diagnosed with ADHD and Autism.
- Long Term illness, Terminal illness,
- Workplace Bullying, Disciplinary or other workplace stress.
- Marriage Relationship breakdown, and divorce.
My fees are £ 45.00 per hour.
This hour is made up of 50 minutes of Therapy and 10 minutes to record notes (a BACP requirement and professional standard.)
Free Phone Consultation for initial chat or query.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Friday.. 10am - 7pm last appointment.
Not available at weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|