Cliodhna Mc Phillips. Dip Couns, Registered. MBACP
Friendly, Caring, Flexible, Professional counselling service with various session times available, during the day and evening.
I bring 12 years of experience to our therapy sessions, experience that includes working with a diverse range of issues, clients, cultures, families, religions, and Race. I offer no judgement, just a safe space to off load difficult emotions, feelings and anything in between.
The service is for Adults and Young People, face to face Counselling. I offer weekly sessions for an hour , where you have a space to talk openly and freely without being judged, about issues that are bothering you and interrupting your life , these can be current issues or unresolved issues from childhood, there are no limits on what you can talk about.
People always ask me what kind of people come to counselling? so I decided to include the following:
My Clients typically include:
- Adults ( ranging in age from 18 -90)
- Young People aged 11-18 - this can be arranged where I go into the school to see them or they can come to me, which ever suits your needs most.
- Face to Face Counselling:
I offer a Professional, safe, confidential, non judgmental, caring, and nurturing space for Clients to explore difficult and sometimes challenging issues, together we can work through these issues, to get you to a place where you feel more able to cope with life. I bring warmth, empathy, a genuine care for people, active listening ,and occasional humor, where appropriate, to our sessions, which can feel very relaxing and less anxious for clients, and helps remove the stigma often associated with Therapy.
Outside of therapy, I am a Mum of 3, and with this brings lots of life experience also.
I look forward to hearing from you with any questions or information you require.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified and highly experienced Professional practitioner, with over 12 years experience working with clients. I work at various locations on a self employed basis. I am an integrative Therapist, which encompasses 5 different models of therapy which allows me to mix and match to suit my clients needs. My Therapy includes, CBT, Psychodynamic, Person Centred, T.A, and Gestalt.
- MA in Counselling Studies, Years 1 and 2. Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling,,2005-2007 at The University of Manchester
- Professional Diploma in Counselling at Arden Campus Northenden, Manchester 2004-2005
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills ( 10 week course in 2004)
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts, Person Centred. ( Year long 2004-2005)
- P.O.D.S Training Day in Relational Trauma and Disorganised Attachment, Attachment Theory, Safeguarding Young people and Adults, (renewed every 3 years by law ) this is the the training I have attended in the past year.
- Regular and ongoing professional supervision attended in accordance with BACP standards.
- Registered Member of the BACP and Fully Insured to work as a Psychotherapist/ Counsellor.
Full and Current DBS certificate available on request.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Death of a Child, working with Young People who have lost a parent, and parents who have lost a child.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse, and Rape
- Supporting Mums with ADHD and Autistic children
- Long Term illness, Terminal illness,
- Workplace Bullying, Disciplinary or other workplace stress.
- Marriage Relationship breakdown, and divorce.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
My fees are £ 50.00 per hour.
This hour is made up of 50 minutes of Therapy and 10 minutes to record notes (a BACP requirement and professional standard.)
Free Phone Consultation for initial chat or query.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Thurs 10am to 2pm appointments available Evening appointments Tuesday only 4pm, 5pm, 6pm 7pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|