Cliodhna Mc Phillips. Psychotherapist. RMBACP
Are you struggling with life at the moment? Would it be good for your mind to have a space to talk freely about anything? Relationships have been tested during this extremely difficult time, if you have discovered something about a relationship you are in and you would like to explore this and gain some clarity perhaps, then please do get in touch to discuss your needs. Things have changed dramatically for lots of people, job losses, bereavement, health anxiety, panic and fear, we can look at these issues or any issues, together, in a safe, caring confidential space.
What you can expect in our sessions is a warm welcome, I offer a safe nurturing space to explore whatever you wish, without judgement and be completely free to speak openly and honestly with no filters without worrying. Sessions are strictly confidential, weekly or fortnightly, and can be anything from a minimum of 6 sessions to 12 or more if needed. Blankets for those cold days and added comfort are also included.
I work with a diverse range of clients and always learn something from each and every one of my clients. I feel very privileged to be part of my clients journey and the stories shared with me. I really enjoy my work with clients and I am very grateful for this. I welcome any informal chats, feel free to call for an initial discussion. Outside of therapy, I am a Mum of 3, and with this brings lots of life experience also. I look forward to hearing from you with any questions or information you require. Thank you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified and highly experienced Professional Therapist, with over 14 years experience working with clients. I am an Integrative Therapist, which encompasses 5 different models of therapy which allows me to mix and match to suit my clients needs. My Therapy includes, CBT, Psychodynamic, Person Centred Therapy, T.A, and Gestalt.
- MA in Counselling Studies, Years 1 and 2. Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling,,2005-2007 at The University of Manchester
- Professional Diploma in Counselling at Arden Campus Northenden, Manchester 2004-2005
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills ( 10 week course in 2004)
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts, Person Centred. ( Year long 2004-2005)
- P.O.D.S Training Day in Relational Trauma and Disorganised Attachment, Attachment Theory, Safeguarding Young people and Adults, (renewed every 3 years by law ) this is the the training I have attended in the past year.
- Regular and ongoing professional supervision attended in accordance with BACP standards.
- Registered Member of the BACP and Fully Insured to work as a Psychotherapist/ Counsellor.
Enhanced DBS certificate available on request.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Death of a Child, for parents who have lost a child.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse. Rape.
- Living with Long Term illness. Living with a family member with a terminal illness.
- Workplace Bullying, stress, change in job role, disciplinary hearings.
- Affairs and Betrayals, Relationship breakdowns, and Divorce.
From £30.00 to £60.00
Free initial telephone session
My fees are £ 60.00 per hour.
£35.00 for Trainee Counsellors. Low Income and Students £30.00
This hour is made up of 50 minutes of Therapy and 10 minutes to record notes (a BACP requirement and professional standard.)
Free Phone Consultation for initial chat or query.
Concessions offered for
Tues 10am - 7pm Wed 10am-2pm Thurs 10am - 7pm
Not available at weekends.