Claudia Baughan MBACP
Thank you for looking at my profile. I hope I can help you in making that first step towards starting counselling.
Finding the right person to talk to is hugely important to ensuring you can make the most of your counselling relationship. I would always suggest at least one assessment session.
In my practice, I hope to offer you a warm, respectful and supportive environment in which you can feel safe to talk. I follow an integrative approach to therapy. This gives me a wide variety of therapeutic models to draw from including psychodynamic, humanistic, existential, analytic and relational schools of thought.
I am currently working with a leading London domestic violence charity part time alongside my private practice. In my organisational work, I have worked to date for a hospice in bereavement counselling, a major London mental health hospital working with complex PTSD and childhood trauma/abuse and a short term counselling service working with anxiety, depression, relationship and work issues alongside my private practice.
Please feel free to call me so that we can have an informal chat before setting up an assessment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Adult Counselling from the Minster Centre, NW6.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Adult Psychotherapy from the Minster Centre, NW6
- Worked in a range of counselling services, covering bereavement, depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties, childhood sexual abuse, trauma, PTSD.
- Training workshops attended in attachment, trauma, working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse, bereavement.
- Experience in working with panic attacks, work issues, relationship problems, anxiety disorders, family dynamics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£60 for sessions.
£40 for first assessment session.
At the moment my concessionary places are full but I can discuss this further in person.
I am particularly interested in the connection between mind and body, our connection to the natural world, non verbal communication and intergenerational trauma.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, 12-4pm, Tuesday/Friday 9-4pm
Types of client