Claudia Baughan MBACP
East Finchley Consulting
104D High Rd.
Thank you for looking at my profile. I hope I can help you in making that first step towards starting counselling.
Finding the right person to talk to is hugely important to ensuring you can make the most of your counselling relationship. I would always suggest at least one assessment session.
In my practice, I hope to offer you a warm, respectful and supportive environment in which you can feel safe to talk. I follow an integrative approach to therapy. This gives me a wide variety of therapeutic models to draw from including psychodynamic, humanistic, existential, analytic and relational schools of thought.
I have worked to date for a hospice, a leading centre for short term counselling and am currently seeing clients with more complex needs in a major London mental health hospital alongside my private practice.
Please feel free to call me so that we can have an informal chat before setting up an assessment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Adult Counselling from the Minster Centre, NW6.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Adult Counselling from the Minster Centre, NW6
- Worked in a range of counselling services, covering bereavement, depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties, childhood sexual abuse, trauma, PTSD.
- Training workshops attended in attachment, trauma, working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse, bereavement.
- Experience in working with panic attacks, work issues, relationship problems, anxiety disorders, family dynamics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
£60 for sessions.
£30 for first assessment session.
I am particularly interested in the connection between mind and body, our connection to the natural world, non verbal communication and intergenerational trauma.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday evening 6-9pm
Types of client