Clare Stott - Coach Counsellor
Clare Stott, Qualified Coach and Counsellor
Time for you... Time to think...
The time is now. Time to work on the things that are troubling you. Time to make the changes you want to see in your life. In a peaceful, semi-rural setting, we can work on the things that are holding you back and help you move forward.
All of my career has led me to this work. Drawing on over thirty years' experience in human resource development, management consulting, coaching and careers, I'm thrilled to now run my own coaching and counselling practice, doing the work I love best. I’m passionate about helping others to live positively. You have the innate ability to move towards what you need in life. You are the expert in your own experience. I’m here to support you.
As a counsellor, I have supported clients with...
Anxiety, depression, stress, self-esteem issues, grief and loss, emotional and sexual abuse, health concerns, anger, rage and trauma, family history and tensions, and relationship issues.
In addition, my career has given me extensive knowledge and experience of working with:
- Business and the workplace: careers, work-life balance, workplace stress and bullying.
- Young Career Professionals: typically 18-25, finding their feet in life and career.
- Students: both undergraduate and postgraduate, including international students
I'm based on the outskirts of Peasedown St John, a few miles south of Bath, in a beautiful, semi-rural setting, with ample free parking, and fabulous views. A calming, private, space to think...
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Counsellor (Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Iron Mill College, Exeter. BACP accredited programme)
- Qualified Coach (Professional Certificate in Coaching, Henley Business School)
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), Registered Member #373929
- Worked as a counsellor in a GP surgery in Bristol for 14 months
- Worked as a counsellor at the University of Bath’s student counselling service for two years.
- Many years running my own private practice as a coach to both corporately sponsored, and privately funded clients.
- 17 years in corporate life, in HR, management development and management consulting roles, with House of Fraser, Burton Group, NHS, and KPMG.
- 19 years in higher education, in careers and executive coaching, at the University of Bath.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) for 30 years.
- BPS Level A+B qualified in ability and personality testing, MBTI Step II trained.
- Ongoing CPD including: Transactional Analysis 101, Anger, Rage and Relationship, Disordered Eating and Couples Counselling training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Career issues and concerns
Work-life balance issues
Student stresses and anxieties
Free initial 30 minute consultation
£45 per one hour counselling session
A limited number of reduced rate spaces for students
Reduced rates for block booked prepaid sessions
Happy, and experienced, in working with corporately sponsored, as well as privately funded clients.
Daytime and evenings, Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 8.30pm
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer appointments Monday to Friday, daytime and evening, 9.30am - 8.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|