Clare Yilmaz MBACP: Adv.Dip.Couns: PGCert Child/Adolescent: PGCert Supervision
Thank you for clicking on my profile, I want to start by reassuring you that whatever has brought you to look for a counsellor, I am here to help and support you through this difficult time. You may be facing emotions, thoughts and feelings which you are struggling to understand and deal with. You do not need to face these alone, we can work together to understand what is happening and I can help you overcome this.
How I Work
I am a person-centred counsellor who believes that within a trusting, non-judgemental, supportive relationship each individual can be empowered to discover their own solutions to their problems.
I work at the pace of each individual client, there is no pressure to talk about anything until you feel ready and comfortable to do so. I will help you to understand your thoughts, feelings and emotions and how to manage and cope with feelings and situations that overwhelm you.
I have many years experience and training in working creatively which can help people who find it difficult to access or talk about feelings and emotions to express these in other ways.
I have a wealth of experience dealing with common issues such as anxiety, depression, relationship problems, bereavement, addictions, and work/school related problems.
In addition to private practice I also work with charitable organisations and within schools and colleges.
As the therapy I offer is tailored to the needs of each individual client you are welcome to contact me for free telephone consultation to discuss your hopes and fears and decide if I am the right therapist for you.
Why Choose Me
I have a decade of experience counselling adults, children and teenagers in the NHS, schools, youth organisations, community settings and private practice. I attend regular professional development courses and training to keep up to date with new research and approaches within the counselling and psychotherapy profession.
I have post graduate qualifications and experience of working therapeutically with children and young people. Children and teenagers are often nervous and unsure what to expect when coming to counselling for the first time. My aim is to reassure them, help them relax and look forward to their counselling sessions. Sessions are not all about sitting and talking about feelings and problems; dependent on client preferences and developmental stage, I use creative methods and play to help them express feelings and emotions.
I also offer sessions to parents to help support children/teenagers with emotional issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and adhere to their ethics and code of practice.
I have a level 1 and 2 Safeguarding Certificate issued by Lancashire Safeguarding Board; and a Level 3 Safeguarding Certificate issued by Wigan Safeguarding Board.
I am also a qualified supervisor and offer supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists, teaching and non teaching staff in primary and high schools and further education colleges.
- Post Graduate University Certificate in the Supervision of Counselling and Psychotherapy (with Merit)
- Post Graduate University Certificate Therapeutic Work with Children and Adolescents
- BACP accredited Advanced Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- Level 3 Safeguarding Certificate (Wigan Safeguarding Board)
- Level 2 Safeguarding Certificate (Lancashire Safeguarding Board)
- Level 1 Safeguarding Certificate (Lancashire Safeguarding Board)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (level 3)
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts (level 2)
- Level 3 Psychology
Additional Professional Training Courses attended:
- Professional Certificate in the Therapeutic use of Mindfulness
- Introduction to Acceptance and Committment Therapy
- Working with bereavement - adults, children and teenagers
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy
- Working with risk in Adolescents
- Introduction to Gestalt Therapy
- Introduction to Narrative Therapy
- Introduction to Timeline Therapy
- Working with Developmental Play
- Attachment and Human Development
- Facilitating Emotional expression
- Working with Emotional meanings
- Introducing Creative and Symbolic methods
- Creative Methods in Action
- Drugs and Young People
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF) training
- The Neuroscience of Love
- Autism Awareness
- Working with Metaphor
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per session. Initial 30 minute consultation/assessment free of charge.
Please contact me if you feel I may be able to help you. I am happy to discuss any questions you may have and explain how I may be able to help.
I am registered on the UK Government's Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) update service.
Home visits (additional charge).
I can also provide counselling in schools and colleges on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
To be discussed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor (Post Graduate University Certificate in the supervision of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and offer Counselling supervision to qualified counsellors.View supervision profile