Clare Fowler Counselling
I am an experienced and accredited Psychotherapeutic Counsellor located in East Devon, where I provide individual counselling for Male & Female adults, aged 18 years and over.
I offer 1-2-1 sessions by Skype.
I am an Integrative practitioner, which means that I have studied all of the main theories of psychotherapy, such as psychodynamic, person centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), amongst others.
Being an Integrative practitioner, means that I can draw upon a broad range of skills, bringing flexibility to our work. I work with the client at the centre of my practice, so we can be sure we find a style that suits you.
As life throws all kinds of difficulties our way and whilst we manage to deal with most, we can find ourselves feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how to get back on track. Maybe you are experiencing feelings that you don’t understand and need help to find your way through the fog, or maybe you know what you would like to explore but need someone who can listen and support you.
I am here to help you find a way to understand how you are feeling and my goal is to help you navigate your way through your journey and out of the fog.
Training, qualifications & experience
I currently work as a senior therapist for Clarity, a Mental Health charity in Barnstaple.
I have extensive working knowledge in the following fields:
- Bereavement; Loss through Suicide.
- Depression; Stress; Anxiety.
- Domestic Abuse; Sexual Abuse; Historical Sexual Abuse.
- Self Harm; Low Self Esteem; Confidence.
- Pre-Trail Therapy.
- Relationships; Pregnancy & Birth; Peri & Post Natal Depression.
- PTSD & complex trauma.
I hold the following qualifications:
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 Diploma in Integrating Theory and Practice.
- Level 4 Diploma in Addictive Behaviours.
- Level 3 & 2 Counselling Certificates.
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness.
- Transactional Analysis 101.
I am also a Clinical Supervisor.
I am passionate about the work I do and in keeping with my vocation, I undertake regular additional training to ensure that I keep up to date with the most recent practices and hold certificates in:-
- Sex and Intimacy after Sexual Abuse.
- Record Keeping and Pre-Trial Therapy.
- Approaches to Time Limited Therapy.
- Legal and Ethical Framework.
- Loss & Grief.
- Complex Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
I have an up to date DBS Certificate (004223)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Price per hour (60 minute session) - £40.00
Concessions are available for low income, students and unemployed – proof may be requested - please contact me for more information.
Payment by cash or bank transfer.
If you would like to move forward with me then you can contact me via phone or email and I will call you at an appropriate time to arrange a free assessment prior to us starting working together.
My working hours are Tuesdays & Thursdays between 8:30 and 6:30.
Some Friday & Saturday morning sessions are also available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am unable to take further enquiries until March 2020
Types of client