Choosing a Therapist
It can be a challenge trying to find a Counsellor/Therapist when there are so many to choose from. This may be your first step towards counselling/therapy or you may have had counselling previously.
So how can you be sure that I am the right therapist for you?
I have helped many people change their relationships and lives for the better and it has been a privilege to work with so many clients. We will be on this journey together.
My counselling/therapy work
My own personal work has developed over the years. In addition to counselling, I have a special interest working with clients with:
- Relationship issues such as partner abuse, divorce and affairs.
- Sexual compulsions
- Depression, anxiety and feelings of suicide
- Working with individuals and families affected by sexual offending/ abuse
- Gender, sexual and relationship diversities
So am I right for you?
I am happy to have a no obligation chat on the phone to discuss your situation and to discuss any reservations you might have about coming for Counselling/ Therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience of working within an agency and in private practice.
- BEd (Hons)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Specialist treatment for the prevention of sexual offending
- Foundation in NLP
- Suicide intervention training
- Working towards BSc Psychology
- Working towards a Foundation in Gender, Sexuality and relationship diversity
- Working towards a diploma in Psychosexual Therapy (June 20 completion)
- Working towards a diploma in sexual addiction
- Foundation in Transactional analysis
- Infant loss
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£50 per hour, individual.
£65 per hour, couple therapy.
- BACP- The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists
- COSRT- College of Sexual and relationship therapists
- ATSAC- The association for the treatment of Sexual addiction and compulsivity
- BPS- The British Psychological Society
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments available
Types of client