I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor, Dynamic Interpersonal Therapist and Clinical Supervisor with 20 years experience working with mental health problems in both NHS and the private sector.
I am registered with BACP (British Association Counselling and Psychotherapy) which requires me to maintain high professional standards and remain updated on the ethical framework and current evidence for best practice.
I undertake regular supervision with a highly qualified and experienced psychodynamic psychotherapist. I am committed to continued personal development and regularly attend courses and workshops to ensure my capabilities keep pace with current standards which enable me to continue to be competent in my profession.
I offer short and longer term work with adults who experience a variety of issues which in some way lead them to feel depressed, anxious, stressed or unfulfilled. It is my job to help you explore and express feelings about current or past events, enabling you to become more self aware and empowered to live your life on your terms.
Therapy helps you to find your voice and achieve a more reflective, objective perspective of your life - a deeper capacity to relate to yourself and others you have personal or professional relationships with.
I also offer supervision for qualified or training Counsellors and other professions who work closely empowering people.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2000
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 2000
- Advanced Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling 2001
- Suicide First Aid 2003
- Introduction to Dynamic Psychotherapy 2004
- Diploma in Community Mental Health 2005
- Intermediate Dynamic Psychotherapy 2005
- Higher National Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2008
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy 2010
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (IAPT) 2014
- Mentalisation 2014
- Working with Shame 2014
- Mentalisation and Borderline Personality Disorder 2016
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy 2016
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision 2016
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
£50 (concessions available)
Availability evenings and weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|