Claire Feldman PG Dip CBT, Dip NLC, MBACP (Accred)
Claire has been working as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) for five years in GP practices and community organisations in the Greater Belfast area, helping clients overcome a wide range of mental health difficulties.
Her private practice is unique however and she has chosen to open a clinic which specialises in helping clients overcome their food, body image and weight issues.
Claire believes it was inevitable that she would found Eatology, not just because of her passion for all things wellness related but due to her own personal journey with disordered eating.
But do I need therapy?
- Does Eating Rule Your Life?
- Do you think about food & weight all the time?
- Do you place too much self worth in your weight and body image?
- Do you eat in secret?
- Do you binge or emotionally overeat?
- Do you purge to compensate for the foods you have eaten?
If you feel that you have a unhealthy relationship with food, then you may wish to explore this is in greater depth.
Claire understands that the thought of coming to therapy may be daunting but she is confident your fears will be quickly dispersed. Sessions are held in a safe and confidential environment where you are free to truly express yourself. If appropriate, you may be asked to keep a food diary for a few weeks, so we can highlight patterns of behaviour that cause you distress, and explore the symptoms you are experiencing.
Claire will work in collaboration with you to look at the big picture of how your nutrition is affecting your physical and mental health and suggest small changes to eating and lifestyle so you can feel better.
She will help you to bring unhelpful patterns of thinking, feeling and behaviour that are connected with food into awareness.
You will be supported in teasing apart these unhelpful connections, providing you with skills to create change in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG (Dip) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Belfast Cognitive Therapy Centre
- Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching, Institute of Health Sciences, Dublin
- Food and Mood Training, Life Therapies Clinic
- Psychology of Dieting and Overeating Disorders, Life Therapies Clinic
- Intuitive Eating Professional skills, Evelyn Tribole Professional training
- Certificate in Obesity Skills, NCFED, Life Therapies Clinic
- Nutrition Interventions for Eating Disorders, Life Therapies Clinic
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapy (BACP), Accredited Member
- Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners
Current training - Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders (National Centre for Eating Disorders) Completing early 2019
Accredited register membership
£50 per session
Block booking discount available 3 sessions for £125, 2 sessions for £250
Eatology clinic currently taking clients for:
* Weight Management
* Emotional Eating
* Binge Eating Disorder
* Bulimia Nervosa
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|